SUSE-SU-2026:23934-1: important: Security update for glibc

SLE-SECURITY-UPDATES null at suse.de
Thu Oct 1 16:53:26 UTC 2026


# Security update for glibc

Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2026:23934-1  
Release Date: 2026-09-29T11:23:34Z  
Rating: important  
References:

  * bsc#1274723
  * bsc#1274726
  * bsc#1276892
  * bsc#1276946
  * bsc#1277247
  * bsc#1277262
  * bsc#1277921
  * bsc#1277922
  * bsc#1281297
  * bsc#1282509

  
Cross-References:

  * CVE-2026-18374
  * CVE-2026-19499
  * CVE-2026-19542
  * CVE-2026-6368
  * CVE-2026-6791
  * CVE-2026-77117
  * CVE-2026-80489
  * CVE-2026-8674
  * CVE-2026-86805

  
CVSS scores:

  * CVE-2026-18374 ( SUSE ):  2.1
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:H/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:L/VI:L/VA:L/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-18374 ( SUSE ):  4.9 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:L/A:L
  * CVE-2026-18374 ( NVD ):  4.9 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:L/A:L
  * CVE-2026-19499 ( SUSE ):  4.4
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:P/PR:L/UI:P/VC:L/VI:L/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-19499 ( SUSE ):  6.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:R/S:U/C:L/I:L/A:H
  * CVE-2026-19499 ( NVD ):  7.7 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:L/A:H
  * CVE-2026-19542 ( SUSE ):  1.0
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:H/AT:N/PR:L/UI:A/VC:L/VI:L/VA:L/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-19542 ( SUSE ):  4.2 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:L/UI:R/S:U/C:L/I:L/A:L
  * CVE-2026-19542 ( NVD ):  5.6 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:L/A:L
  * CVE-2026-6368 ( SUSE ):  6.6 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:L/A:H
  * CVE-2026-6368 ( NVD ):  2.1
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:H/AT:P/PR:N/UI:N/VC:L/VI:L/VA:L/SC:L/SI:L/SA:L/E:X/CR:X/IR:X/AR:X/MAV:X/MAC:X/MAT:X/MPR:X/MUI:X/MVC:X/MVI:X/MVA:X/MSC:X/MSI:X/MSA:X/S:P/AU:Y/R:X/V:X/RE:X/U:Green
  * CVE-2026-6791 ( SUSE ):  6.6 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:L/A:H
  * CVE-2026-6791 ( NVD ):  6.6
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:H/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:L/VI:L/VA:H/SC:N/SI:L/SA:H/E:U/CR:X/IR:X/AR:X/MAV:X/MAC:X/MAT:X/MPR:X/MUI:X/MVC:X/MVI:X/MVA:X/MSC:X/MSI:X/MSA:X/S:X/AU:X/R:X/V:X/RE:X/U:X
  * CVE-2026-77117 ( SUSE ):  8.2
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:P/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-77117 ( SUSE ):  5.9 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-77117 ( NVD ):  5.9 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-80489 ( SUSE ):  8.2
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:H/AT:P/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-80489 ( SUSE ):  5.9 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-80489 ( NVD ):  5.9 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-8674 ( SUSE ):  6.0
    CVSS:4.0/AV:A/AC:L/AT:P/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-8674 ( SUSE ):  5.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:A/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-8674 ( NVD ):  5.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:A/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-86805 ( SUSE ):  7.3
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:P/PR:L/UI:N/VC:H/VI:H/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-86805 ( SUSE ):  7.0 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-86805 ( NVD ):  6.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:L/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:L

  
Affected Products:

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 16.0
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP applications 16.0

  
  
An update that solves nine vulnerabilities and has one fix can now be installed.

## Description:

This update for glibc fixes the following issues:

  * CVE-2026-6368: invalid free via wordexp WRDE_APPEND rollback (bsc#1274726).
  * CVE-2026-6791: stack overflow in wordexp tilde expansion (bsc#1274723).
  * CVE-2026-8674: reachable assert in `resolv/resolv_conf.c:update_from_conf`
    allows an attacker in a local network to trigger a process crash
    (bsc#1281297).
  * CVE-2026-18374: heap buffer overflow in the fopen ccs extension
    (bsc#1277262).
  * CVE-2026-19499: buffer overflow in strfmon right-justification padding
    (bsc#1276892).
  * CVE-2026-19542: out-of-bounds array write in tdelete (bsc#1276946).
  * CVE-2026-77117: SHIFT_JISX0213 decoding lacks pending character reset
    (bsc#1277921).
  * CVE-2026-80489: EUC_JISX0213 decoding lacks pending character reset
    (bsc#1277922).
  * CVE-2026-86805: TOCTOU race condition in the dynamic loader allows local
    attackers to escalate privileges (bsc#1282509).

Other changes:

  * Add -flive-patching=inline-clone to avoid untraceable inter-procedural
    optimizations (bsc#1277247).

## Patch Instructions:

To install this SUSE update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like
YaST online_update or "zypper patch".  
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP applications 16.0  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLES-16.0-1769

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 16.0  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLES-16.0-1769

## Package List:

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP applications 16.0 (ppc64le x86_64)
    * glibc-locale-2.40-160000.7.1
    * glibc-utils-2.40-160000.7.1
    * glibc-extra-debuginfo-2.40-160000.7.1
    * glibc-devel-2.40-160000.7.1
    * glibc-gconv-modules-extra-2.40-160000.7.1
    * glibc-debugsource-2.40-160000.7.1
    * glibc-2.40-160000.7.1
    * glibc-devel-debuginfo-2.40-160000.7.1
    * glibc-utils-src-debugsource-2.40-160000.7.1
    * glibc-profile-2.40-160000.7.1
    * glibc-gconv-modules-extra-debuginfo-2.40-160000.7.1
    * glibc-devel-static-2.40-160000.7.1
    * glibc-extra-2.40-160000.7.1
    * glibc-debuginfo-2.40-160000.7.1
    * glibc-locale-base-2.40-160000.7.1
    * glibc-utils-debuginfo-2.40-160000.7.1
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP applications 16.0 (noarch)
    * glibc-html-2.40-160000.7.1
    * glibc-i18ndata-2.40-160000.7.1
    * glibc-lang-2.40-160000.7.1
    * glibc-info-2.40-160000.7.1
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 16.0 (aarch64 ppc64le s390x x86_64)
    * glibc-locale-2.40-160000.7.1
    * glibc-utils-2.40-160000.7.1
    * glibc-extra-debuginfo-2.40-160000.7.1
    * glibc-devel-2.40-160000.7.1
    * glibc-gconv-modules-extra-2.40-160000.7.1
    * glibc-debugsource-2.40-160000.7.1
    * glibc-2.40-160000.7.1
    * glibc-devel-debuginfo-2.40-160000.7.1
    * glibc-utils-src-debugsource-2.40-160000.7.1
    * glibc-profile-2.40-160000.7.1
    * glibc-gconv-modules-extra-debuginfo-2.40-160000.7.1
    * glibc-devel-static-2.40-160000.7.1
    * glibc-extra-2.40-160000.7.1
    * glibc-debuginfo-2.40-160000.7.1
    * glibc-locale-base-2.40-160000.7.1
    * glibc-utils-debuginfo-2.40-160000.7.1
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 16.0 (noarch)
    * glibc-html-2.40-160000.7.1
    * glibc-i18ndata-2.40-160000.7.1
    * glibc-lang-2.40-160000.7.1
    * glibc-info-2.40-160000.7.1

## References:

  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-18374.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-19499.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-19542.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-6368.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-6791.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-77117.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-80489.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-8674.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-86805.html
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1274723
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1274726
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1276892
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1276946
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1277247
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1277262
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1277921
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1277922
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1281297
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1282509

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.suse.com/pipermail/sle-security-updates/attachments/20261001/45552f19/attachment.htm>


More information about the sle-security-updates mailing list