SUSE-SU-2026:4412-1: important: Security update for openssl-3

SLE-SECURITY-UPDATES null at suse.de
Fri Oct 2 12:32:52 UTC 2026


# Security update for openssl-3

Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2026:4412-1  
Release Date: 2026-10-02T07:36:26Z  
Rating: important  
References:

  * bsc#1280587
  * bsc#1280589
  * bsc#1280591
  * bsc#1280596
  * bsc#1280597
  * bsc#1280598

  
Cross-References:

  * CVE-2026-35189
  * CVE-2026-54872
  * CVE-2026-75805
  * CVE-2026-75806
  * CVE-2026-77696
  * CVE-2026-84782

  
CVSS scores:

  * CVE-2026-35189 ( SUSE ):  6.9
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:L/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-35189 ( SUSE ):  5.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:L
  * CVE-2026-35189 ( NVD ):  5.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:L
  * CVE-2026-54872 ( SUSE ):  6.3
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:H/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:L/VI:N/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-54872 ( SUSE ):  3.7 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:N
  * CVE-2026-54872 ( NVD ):  3.7 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:N
  * CVE-2026-75805 ( SUSE ):  5.1
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:L/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-75805 ( SUSE ):  5.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:L
  * CVE-2026-75805 ( NVD ):  5.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:L
  * CVE-2026-75806 ( SUSE ):  5.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:L
  * CVE-2026-75806 ( NVD ):  5.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:L
  * CVE-2026-77696 ( SUSE ):  6.3
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:H/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:L/VI:N/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-77696 ( SUSE ):  3.7 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:N
  * CVE-2026-77696 ( NVD ):  3.7 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:N
  * CVE-2026-84782 ( SUSE ):  8.3
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:H/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:H/VI:N/VA:L/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-84782 ( SUSE ):  7.4 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-84782 ( NVD ):  8.2 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:H

  
Affected Products:

  * openSUSE Leap 15.5
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise High Performance Computing 15 SP5
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise High Performance Computing ESPOS 15 SP5
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise High Performance Computing LTSS 15 SP5
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP5
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP5 LTSS
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 15 SP5

  
  
An update that solves six vulnerabilities can now be installed.

## Description:

This update for openssl-3 fixes the following issues:

  * CVE-2026-35189: Excessive Memory Allocation in Relative CRLDP Processing
    (bsc#1280589).
  * CVE-2026-54872: Timing Side-Channel in Scalar Multiplication for Non-NIST EC
    Curves (bsc#1280591).
  * CVE-2026-75805: NULL Pointer Dereference in CMP Client Revocation Response
    Handling (bsc#1280596).
  * CVE-2026-75806: Unauthenticated and Undersized DTLS 1.2 AEAD Record Causes
    DoS (bsc#1280597).
  * CVE-2026-77696: Timing Side-Channel in SM2 Signature Generation
    (bsc#1280598).
  * CVE-2026-84782: DTLS Retransmits Handshake Messages From a Stale Buffer
    Offset (bsc#1280587).

## Patch Instructions:

To install this SUSE update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like
YaST online_update or "zypper patch".  
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 15 SP5  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Product-SLES_SAP-15-SP5-2026-4412

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise High Performance Computing ESPOS 15 SP5  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Product-HPC-15-SP5-ESPOS-2026-4412

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise High Performance Computing LTSS 15 SP5  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Product-HPC-15-SP5-LTSS-2026-4412

  * openSUSE Leap 15.5  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-2026-4412

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP5 LTSS  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Product-SLES-15-SP5-LTSS-2026-4412

## Package List:

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 15 SP5 (ppc64le x86_64)
    * openssl-3-debuginfo-3.0.8-150500.5.80.1
    * libopenssl3-debuginfo-3.0.8-150500.5.80.1
    * libopenssl-3-devel-3.0.8-150500.5.80.1
    * libopenssl3-3.0.8-150500.5.80.1
    * openssl-3-debugsource-3.0.8-150500.5.80.1
    * openssl-3-3.0.8-150500.5.80.1
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise High Performance Computing ESPOS 15 SP5 (aarch64
    x86_64)
    * openssl-3-debuginfo-3.0.8-150500.5.80.1
    * libopenssl3-debuginfo-3.0.8-150500.5.80.1
    * libopenssl-3-devel-3.0.8-150500.5.80.1
    * libopenssl3-3.0.8-150500.5.80.1
    * openssl-3-debugsource-3.0.8-150500.5.80.1
    * openssl-3-3.0.8-150500.5.80.1
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise High Performance Computing LTSS 15 SP5 (aarch64
    x86_64)
    * openssl-3-debuginfo-3.0.8-150500.5.80.1
    * libopenssl3-debuginfo-3.0.8-150500.5.80.1
    * libopenssl-3-devel-3.0.8-150500.5.80.1
    * libopenssl3-3.0.8-150500.5.80.1
    * openssl-3-debugsource-3.0.8-150500.5.80.1
    * openssl-3-3.0.8-150500.5.80.1
  * openSUSE Leap 15.5 (aarch64 i586 ppc64le s390x x86_64)
    * openssl-3-debuginfo-3.0.8-150500.5.80.1
    * libopenssl3-debuginfo-3.0.8-150500.5.80.1
    * libopenssl-3-devel-3.0.8-150500.5.80.1
    * libopenssl3-3.0.8-150500.5.80.1
    * openssl-3-debugsource-3.0.8-150500.5.80.1
    * openssl-3-3.0.8-150500.5.80.1
  * openSUSE Leap 15.5 (x86_64)
    * libopenssl3-32bit-3.0.8-150500.5.80.1
    * libopenssl-3-devel-32bit-3.0.8-150500.5.80.1
    * libopenssl3-32bit-debuginfo-3.0.8-150500.5.80.1
  * openSUSE Leap 15.5 (aarch64_ilp32)
    * libopenssl3-64bit-3.0.8-150500.5.80.1
    * libopenssl-3-devel-64bit-3.0.8-150500.5.80.1
    * libopenssl3-64bit-debuginfo-3.0.8-150500.5.80.1
  * openSUSE Leap 15.5 (noarch)
    * openssl-3-doc-3.0.8-150500.5.80.1
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP5 LTSS (aarch64 ppc64le s390x x86_64)
    * openssl-3-debuginfo-3.0.8-150500.5.80.1
    * libopenssl3-debuginfo-3.0.8-150500.5.80.1
    * libopenssl-3-devel-3.0.8-150500.5.80.1
    * libopenssl3-3.0.8-150500.5.80.1
    * openssl-3-debugsource-3.0.8-150500.5.80.1
    * openssl-3-3.0.8-150500.5.80.1

## References:

  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-35189.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-54872.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-75805.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-75806.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-77696.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-84782.html
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1280587
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1280589
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1280591
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1280596
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1280597
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1280598

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.suse.com/pipermail/sle-security-updates/attachments/20261002/2672bb88/attachment.htm>


More information about the sle-security-updates mailing list