SUSE-SU-2026:4419-1: important: Security update for openssl-3
SLE-SECURITY-UPDATES
null at suse.de
Fri Oct 2 16:31:45 UTC 2026
# Security update for openssl-3
Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2026:4419-1
Release Date: 2026-10-02T10:23:35Z
Rating: important
References:
* bsc#1280587
* bsc#1280589
* bsc#1280591
* bsc#1280596
* bsc#1280597
* bsc#1280598
Cross-References:
* CVE-2026-35189
* CVE-2026-54872
* CVE-2026-75805
* CVE-2026-75806
* CVE-2026-77696
* CVE-2026-84782
CVSS scores:
* CVE-2026-35189 ( SUSE ): 6.9
CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:L/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
* CVE-2026-35189 ( SUSE ): 5.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:L
* CVE-2026-35189 ( NVD ): 5.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:L
* CVE-2026-54872 ( SUSE ): 6.3
CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:H/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:L/VI:N/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
* CVE-2026-54872 ( SUSE ): 3.7 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:N
* CVE-2026-54872 ( NVD ): 3.7 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:N
* CVE-2026-75805 ( SUSE ): 5.1
CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:L/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
* CVE-2026-75805 ( SUSE ): 5.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:L
* CVE-2026-75805 ( NVD ): 5.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:L
* CVE-2026-75806 ( SUSE ): 5.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:L
* CVE-2026-75806 ( NVD ): 5.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:L
* CVE-2026-77696 ( SUSE ): 6.3
CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:H/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:L/VI:N/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
* CVE-2026-77696 ( SUSE ): 3.7 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:N
* CVE-2026-77696 ( NVD ): 3.7 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:N
* CVE-2026-84782 ( SUSE ): 8.3
CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:H/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:H/VI:N/VA:L/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
* CVE-2026-84782 ( SUSE ): 7.4 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:H
* CVE-2026-84782 ( NVD ): 8.2 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:H
Affected Products:
* openSUSE Leap 15.6
* SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP6
* SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP6 LTSS
* SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 15 SP6
An update that solves six vulnerabilities can now be installed.
## Description:
This update for openssl-3 fixes the following issues:
* CVE-2026-35189: Excessive Memory Allocation in Relative CRLDP Processing
(bsc#1280589).
* CVE-2026-54872: Timing Side-Channel in Scalar Multiplication for Non-NIST EC
Curves (bsc#1280591).
* CVE-2026-75805: NULL Pointer Dereference in CMP Client Revocation Response
Handling (bsc#1280596).
* CVE-2026-75806: Unauthenticated and Undersized DTLS 1.2 AEAD Record Causes
DoS (bsc#1280597).
* CVE-2026-77696: Timing Side-Channel in SM2 Signature Generation
(bsc#1280598).
* CVE-2026-84782: DTLS Retransmits Handshake Messages From a Stale Buffer
Offset (bsc#1280587).
## Patch Instructions:
To install this SUSE update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like
YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
* SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 15 SP6
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Product-SLES_SAP-15-SP6-2026-4419
* openSUSE Leap 15.6
zypper in -t patch SUSE-2026-4419
* SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP6 LTSS
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Product-SLES-15-SP6-LTSS-2026-4419
## Package List:
* SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 15 SP6 (ppc64le x86_64)
* openssl-3-debugsource-3.1.4-150600.5.67.1
* libopenssl-3-fips-provider-3.1.4-150600.5.67.1
* openssl-3-3.1.4-150600.5.67.1
* libopenssl-3-devel-3.1.4-150600.5.67.1
* libopenssl3-3.1.4-150600.5.67.1
* libopenssl-3-fips-provider-debuginfo-3.1.4-150600.5.67.1
* libopenssl3-debuginfo-3.1.4-150600.5.67.1
* openssl-3-debuginfo-3.1.4-150600.5.67.1
* SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 15 SP6 (x86_64)
* libopenssl-3-fips-provider-32bit-3.1.4-150600.5.67.1
* libopenssl3-32bit-debuginfo-3.1.4-150600.5.67.1
* libopenssl-3-fips-provider-32bit-debuginfo-3.1.4-150600.5.67.1
* libopenssl3-32bit-3.1.4-150600.5.67.1
* openSUSE Leap 15.6 (aarch64 i586 ppc64le s390x x86_64)
* openssl-3-debugsource-3.1.4-150600.5.67.1
* libopenssl-3-fips-provider-3.1.4-150600.5.67.1
* openssl-3-3.1.4-150600.5.67.1
* libopenssl-3-devel-3.1.4-150600.5.67.1
* libopenssl3-3.1.4-150600.5.67.1
* libopenssl-3-fips-provider-debuginfo-3.1.4-150600.5.67.1
* libopenssl3-debuginfo-3.1.4-150600.5.67.1
* openssl-3-debuginfo-3.1.4-150600.5.67.1
* openSUSE Leap 15.6 (x86_64)
* libopenssl-3-fips-provider-32bit-3.1.4-150600.5.67.1
* libopenssl3-32bit-debuginfo-3.1.4-150600.5.67.1
* libopenssl-3-devel-32bit-3.1.4-150600.5.67.1
* libopenssl-3-fips-provider-32bit-debuginfo-3.1.4-150600.5.67.1
* libopenssl3-32bit-3.1.4-150600.5.67.1
* openSUSE Leap 15.6 (aarch64_ilp32)
* libopenssl3-64bit-debuginfo-3.1.4-150600.5.67.1
* libopenssl-3-fips-provider-64bit-3.1.4-150600.5.67.1
* libopenssl3-64bit-3.1.4-150600.5.67.1
* libopenssl-3-devel-64bit-3.1.4-150600.5.67.1
* libopenssl-3-fips-provider-64bit-debuginfo-3.1.4-150600.5.67.1
* openSUSE Leap 15.6 (noarch)
* openssl-3-doc-3.1.4-150600.5.67.1
* SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP6 LTSS (aarch64 ppc64le s390x x86_64)
* openssl-3-debugsource-3.1.4-150600.5.67.1
* libopenssl-3-fips-provider-3.1.4-150600.5.67.1
* openssl-3-3.1.4-150600.5.67.1
* libopenssl-3-devel-3.1.4-150600.5.67.1
* libopenssl3-3.1.4-150600.5.67.1
* libopenssl-3-fips-provider-debuginfo-3.1.4-150600.5.67.1
* libopenssl3-debuginfo-3.1.4-150600.5.67.1
* openssl-3-debuginfo-3.1.4-150600.5.67.1
* SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP6 LTSS (x86_64)
* libopenssl-3-fips-provider-32bit-3.1.4-150600.5.67.1
* libopenssl3-32bit-debuginfo-3.1.4-150600.5.67.1
* libopenssl-3-fips-provider-32bit-debuginfo-3.1.4-150600.5.67.1
* libopenssl3-32bit-3.1.4-150600.5.67.1
## References:
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-35189.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-54872.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-75805.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-75806.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-77696.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-84782.html
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1280587
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1280589
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1280591
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1280596
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1280597
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1280598
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.suse.com/pipermail/sle-security-updates/attachments/20261002/a6a8e0a8/attachment.htm>
More information about the sle-security-updates
mailing list