SUSE-SU-2026:23981-1: important: Security update for MozillaFirefox

SLE-SECURITY-UPDATES null at suse.de
Mon Oct 5 08:44:13 UTC 2026


# Security update for MozillaFirefox

Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2026:23981-1  
Release Date: 2026-09-30T13:07:26Z  
Rating: important  
References:

  * bsc#1282929

  
Cross-References:

  * CVE-2026-100756
  * CVE-2026-100757
  * CVE-2026-100758
  * CVE-2026-100759
  * CVE-2026-100760
  * CVE-2026-100762
  * CVE-2026-100765
  * CVE-2026-100766
  * CVE-2026-100767
  * CVE-2026-100769
  * CVE-2026-100770
  * CVE-2026-100771
  * CVE-2026-100772
  * CVE-2026-100773
  * CVE-2026-100774
  * CVE-2026-100775
  * CVE-2026-100776
  * CVE-2026-100777
  * CVE-2026-100778
  * CVE-2026-100779
  * CVE-2026-100780
  * CVE-2026-100781
  * CVE-2026-100782
  * CVE-2026-100783
  * CVE-2026-100784
  * CVE-2026-100785
  * CVE-2026-100786
  * CVE-2026-100787
  * CVE-2026-100788
  * CVE-2026-100789
  * CVE-2026-100790
  * CVE-2026-100791
  * CVE-2026-100792
  * CVE-2026-100794
  * CVE-2026-100797
  * CVE-2026-100798
  * CVE-2026-100800
  * CVE-2026-100801
  * CVE-2026-100803
  * CVE-2026-100806
  * CVE-2026-100807
  * CVE-2026-100808
  * CVE-2026-100809
  * CVE-2026-100811
  * CVE-2026-100812
  * CVE-2026-100814
  * CVE-2026-100815
  * CVE-2026-100816
  * CVE-2026-100818
  * CVE-2026-100819
  * CVE-2026-100820
  * CVE-2026-100821
  * CVE-2026-100822
  * CVE-2026-100824
  * CVE-2026-100825
  * CVE-2026-100826
  * CVE-2026-100828
  * CVE-2026-100829
  * CVE-2026-100830
  * CVE-2026-100831
  * CVE-2026-100832
  * CVE-2026-96869

  
CVSS scores:

  * CVE-2026-100756 ( NVD ):  8.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:N
  * CVE-2026-100757 ( NVD ):  8.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-100758 ( NVD ):  9.6 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-100759 ( NVD ):  8.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:N
  * CVE-2026-100760 ( NVD ):  9.6 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-100762 ( NVD ):  9.6 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-100765 ( NVD ):  8.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-100766 ( NVD ):  4.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:N
  * CVE-2026-100767 ( NVD ):  8.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-100769 ( NVD ):  8.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-100770 ( NVD ):  9.6 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-100771 ( NVD ):  8.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:N
  * CVE-2026-100772 ( NVD ):  8.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-100773 ( NVD ):  8.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-100774 ( NVD ):  8.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-100775 ( NVD ):  9.6 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-100776 ( NVD ):  8.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-100777 ( NVD ):  8.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-100778 ( NVD ):  9.6 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-100779 ( NVD ):  8.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-100780 ( NVD ):  8.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-100781 ( NVD ):  9.6 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-100782 ( NVD ):  8.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-100783 ( NVD ):  4.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:L
  * CVE-2026-100784 ( NVD ):  8.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-100785 ( NVD ):  8.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-100786 ( NVD ):  9.6 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-100787 ( NVD ):  9.6 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-100788 ( NVD ):  9.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-100789 ( NVD ):  8.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-100790 ( NVD ):  8.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-100791 ( NVD ):  8.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-100792 ( NVD ):  7.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:L/A:N
  * CVE-2026-100794 ( NVD ):  9.6 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-100797 ( NVD ):  8.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-100798 ( NVD ):  8.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:N
  * CVE-2026-100800 ( NVD ):  9.6 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-100801 ( NVD ):  8.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-100803 ( NVD ):  8.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:N
  * CVE-2026-100806 ( NVD ):  4.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:L
  * CVE-2026-100807 ( NVD ):  8.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-100808 ( NVD ):  8.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-100809 ( NVD ):  8.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:N
  * CVE-2026-100811 ( NVD ):  9.6 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-100812 ( NVD ):  6.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-100814 ( NVD ):  8.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-100815 ( NVD ):  8.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-100816 ( NVD ):  8.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:N
  * CVE-2026-100818 ( NVD ):  9.6 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-100819 ( NVD ):  9.6 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-100820 ( NVD ):  8.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-100821 ( NVD ):  4.7 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:C/C:L/I:N/A:N
  * CVE-2026-100822 ( NVD ):  5.4 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:L
  * CVE-2026-100824 ( NVD ):  8.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-100825 ( NVD ):  8.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-100826 ( NVD ):  6.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-100828 ( NVD ):  9.6 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-100829 ( NVD ):  9.6 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-100830 ( NVD ):  8.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:N
  * CVE-2026-100831 ( NVD ):  8.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-100832 ( NVD ):  8.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-96869 ( NVD ):  4.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:N

  
Affected Products:

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 16.0
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP applications 16.0

  
  
An update that solves 62 vulnerabilities can now be installed.

## Description:

This update for MozillaFirefox fixes the following issues:

Update to Firefox Extended Support Release 153.4.0 ESR (MFSA 2026-100,
bsc#1282929):

  * CVE-2026-96869: Information disclosure in the Networking component.
  * CVE-2026-100756: Incorrect boundary conditions in the Audio/Video: Playback
    component.
  * CVE-2026-100757: Use-after-free in the Widget component.
  * CVE-2026-100758: Sandbox escape in the DOM: Navigation component.
  * CVE-2026-100759: Uninitialized memory in the Storage: Quota Manager
    component.
  * CVE-2026-100760: Sandbox escape in the Security: Process Sandboxing
    component.
  * CVE-2026-100762: Sandbox escape due to use-after-free in the DOM: Content
    Processes component.
  * CVE-2026-100765: Use-after-free in the JavaScript: WebAssembly component.
  * CVE-2026-100766: Information disclosure in the Networking: JAR component.
  * CVE-2026-100767: Use-after-free in the Networking: Cache component.
  * CVE-2026-100769: Use-after-free in the JavaScript: WebAssembly component.
  * CVE-2026-100770: Sandbox escape due to use-after-free in the DOM: Content
    Processes component.
  * CVE-2026-100771: Undefined behavior in the DOM: Streams component.
  * CVE-2026-100772: Use-after-free in the DOM: Core & HTML component.
  * CVE-2026-100773: Use-after-free in the Storage: IndexedDB component.
  * CVE-2026-100774: Use-after-free in the DOM: Core & HTML component.
  * CVE-2026-100775: Sandbox escape in the Graphics component.
  * CVE-2026-100776: Use-after-free in the JavaScript: WebAssembly component.
  * CVE-2026-100777: Use-after-free in the Graphics: Canvas2D component.
  * CVE-2026-100778: Sandbox escape due to use-after-free in the DOM: Core &
    HTML component.
  * CVE-2026-100779: Use-after-free in the XSLT component.
  * CVE-2026-100780: Use-after-free in the DOM: Core & HTML component.
  * CVE-2026-100781: Sandbox escape due to incorrect boundary conditions in the
    Graphics: WebRender component.
  * CVE-2026-100782: Privilege escalation due to incorrect boundary conditions
    in the Graphics component.
  * CVE-2026-100783: Uninitialized memory in the Audio/Video component.
  * CVE-2026-100784: Use-after-free in the Layout: Text and Fonts component.
  * CVE-2026-100785: Use-after-free in the DOM: Core & HTML component.
  * CVE-2026-100786: Sandbox escape due to use-after-free in the Graphics
    component.
  * CVE-2026-100787: Sandbox escape in the XUL component.
  * CVE-2026-100788: Invalid pointer in the JavaScript: WebAssembly component.
  * CVE-2026-100789: Use-after-free in the Graphics: Canvas2D component.
  * CVE-2026-100790: Use-after-free in the XSLT component.
  * CVE-2026-100791: Use-after-free in the DOM: Core & HTML component.
  * CVE-2026-100792: JIT miscompilation in the JavaScript: WebAssembly
    component.
  * CVE-2026-100794: Sandbox escape due to incorrect boundary conditions in the
    Internationalization component.
  * CVE-2026-100797: Privilege escalation due to use-after-free in the Graphics:
    WebRender component.
  * CVE-2026-100798: Cryptography misuse in Storage: Quota Manager component.
  * CVE-2026-100800: Sandbox escape due to use-after-free in the Disability
    Access APIs component.
  * CVE-2026-100801: Privilege escalation in the DLL Services component.
  * CVE-2026-100803: Same-origin policy bypass in the WebExtensions component.
  * CVE-2026-100806: Uninitialized memory in the Graphics: WebGPU component.
  * CVE-2026-100807: Privilege escalation in the DOM: Service Workers component.
  * CVE-2026-100808: Mitigation bypass in the DOM: Service Workers component.
  * CVE-2026-100809: Same-origin policy bypass in the DevTools component.
  * CVE-2026-100811: Sandbox escape due to use-after-free in the DOM: Core &
    HTML component.
  * CVE-2026-100812: Denial-of-service in the Graphics component.
  * CVE-2026-100814: Incorrect boundary conditions in the JavaScript Engine: JIT
    component.
  * CVE-2026-100815: Use-after-free in the CSS Parsing and Computation
    component.
  * CVE-2026-100816: Site isolation issue in the DOM: Networking component.
  * CVE-2026-100818: Sandbox escape due to use-after-free in the Widget: Gtk
    component.
  * CVE-2026-100819: Sandbox escape due to incorrect boundary conditions in the
    XPCOM component.
  * CVE-2026-100820: Privilege escalation in the Address Bar component.
  * CVE-2026-100821: Site isolation issue in the Panning and Zooming component.
  * CVE-2026-100822: Spoofing issue in the Networking: HTTP component.
  * CVE-2026-100824: Privilege escalation in the Places component.
  * CVE-2026-100825: Use-after-free in the JavaScript Engine: JIT component.
  * CVE-2026-100826: Denial-of-service in the Storage: StorageManager component.
  * CVE-2026-100828: Mitigation bypass in the Bookmarks & History component.
  * CVE-2026-100829: Mitigation bypass in the DOM: Security component.
  * CVE-2026-100830: Mitigation bypass in the DOM: Navigation component.
  * CVE-2026-100831: Use-after-free in the DOM: UI Events & Focus Handling
    component.
  * CVE-2026-100832: Use-after-free in the Graphics: Canvas2D component.

## Patch Instructions:

To install this SUSE update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like
YaST online_update or "zypper patch".  
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP applications 16.0  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLES-16.0-1791

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 16.0  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLES-16.0-1791

## Package List:

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP applications 16.0 (ppc64le x86_64)
    * MozillaFirefox-translations-other-153.4.0-160000.1.1
    * MozillaFirefox-debuginfo-153.4.0-160000.1.1
    * MozillaFirefox-debugsource-153.4.0-160000.1.1
    * MozillaFirefox-translations-common-153.4.0-160000.1.1
    * MozillaFirefox-153.4.0-160000.1.1
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP applications 16.0 (noarch)
    * MozillaFirefox-devel-153.4.0-160000.1.1
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 16.0 (aarch64 ppc64le x86_64)
    * MozillaFirefox-translations-other-153.4.0-160000.1.1
    * MozillaFirefox-debuginfo-153.4.0-160000.1.1
    * MozillaFirefox-debugsource-153.4.0-160000.1.1
    * MozillaFirefox-translations-common-153.4.0-160000.1.1
    * MozillaFirefox-153.4.0-160000.1.1
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 16.0 (noarch)
    * MozillaFirefox-devel-153.4.0-160000.1.1

## References:

  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100756.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100757.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100758.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100759.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100760.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100762.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100765.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100766.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100767.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100769.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100770.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100771.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100772.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100773.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100774.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100775.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100776.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100777.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100778.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100779.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100780.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100781.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100782.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100783.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100784.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100785.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100786.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100787.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100788.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100789.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100790.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100791.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100792.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100794.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100797.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100798.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100800.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100801.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100803.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100806.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100807.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100808.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100809.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100811.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100812.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100814.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100815.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100816.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100818.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100819.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100820.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100821.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100822.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100824.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100825.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100826.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100828.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100829.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100830.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100831.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-100832.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-96869.html
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1282929

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.suse.com/pipermail/sle-security-updates/attachments/20261005/5c5e3dea/attachment.htm>


More information about the sle-security-updates mailing list