SUSE-SU-2026:4436-1: important: Security update for the Linux Kernel (Live Patch 72 for SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 SP5)

SLE-SECURITY-UPDATES null at suse.de
Mon Oct 5 08:56:11 UTC 2026


# Security update for the Linux Kernel (Live Patch 72 for SUSE Linux Enterprise
12 SP5)

Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2026:4436-1  
Release Date: 2026-10-02T18:33:49Z  
Rating: important  
References:

  * bsc#1267370
  * bsc#1272391
  * bsc#1273012
  * bsc#1273833
  * bsc#1275162
  * bsc#1275228
  * bsc#1276493

  
Cross-References:

  * CVE-2026-46116
  * CVE-2026-63888
  * CVE-2026-63920
  * CVE-2026-64011
  * CVE-2026-64114
  * CVE-2026-68121
  * CVE-2026-68202

  
CVSS scores:

  * CVE-2026-46116 ( SUSE ):  8.5
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:N/PR:L/UI:N/VC:H/VI:H/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-46116 ( SUSE ):  7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-46116 ( NVD ):  7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-46116 ( NVD ):  7.0 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-63888 ( SUSE ):  6.1
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:H/AT:N/PR:L/UI:N/VC:L/VI:H/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-63888 ( SUSE ):  7.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-63888 ( NVD ):  9.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-63920 ( SUSE ):  6.9
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:N/PR:L/UI:N/VC:H/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-63920 ( SUSE ):  7.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-63920 ( NVD ):  7.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-64011 ( SUSE ):  7.5
    CVSS:4.0/AV:A/AC:L/AT:P/PR:L/UI:N/VC:H/VI:H/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-64011 ( SUSE ):  7.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:A/AC:H/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-64011 ( NVD ):  7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-64114 ( SUSE ):  8.5
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:N/PR:L/UI:N/VC:H/VI:H/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-64114 ( SUSE ):  7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-64114 ( NVD ):  7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-68121 ( SUSE ):  7.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:L/A:H
  * CVE-2026-68121 ( NVD ):  7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-68202 ( SUSE ):  7.3
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:P/PR:L/UI:N/VC:H/VI:H/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-68202 ( SUSE ):  7.0 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-68202 ( NVD ):  7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H

  
Affected Products:

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise High Performance Computing 12 SP5
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Live Patching 12-SP5
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP5
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 12 SP5

  
  
An update that solves seven vulnerabilities can now be installed.

## Description:

This update for the SUSE Linux Enterprise Kernel 4.12.14-122.272 fixes various
security issues:

The following security issues were fixed:

  * CVE-2026-46116: xfrm: defensively unhash xfrm_state lists in
    __xfrm_state_delete (bsc#1267370).
  * CVE-2026-63888: scsi: target: iscsi: Fix CRC overread and double-free in
    iscsit_handle_text_cmd() (bsc#1272391).
  * CVE-2026-63920: ipv6: validate extension header length before copying to
    cmsg (bsc#1273012).
  * CVE-2026-64011: nfc: llcp: Fix use-after-free in llcp_sock_release()
    (bsc#1276493).
  * CVE-2026-64114: ipv4: raw: reject IP_HDRINCL packets with ihl < 5
    (bsc#1273833).
  * CVE-2026-68121: pppoe: reload header pointer after dev_hard_header()
    (bsc#1275228).
  * CVE-2026-68202: ALSA: seq: close a re-opened queue timer in the destructor
    (bsc#1275162).

## Patch Instructions:

To install this SUSE update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like
YaST online_update or "zypper patch".  
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Live Patching 12-SP5  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Live-Patching-12-SP5-2026-4436

## Package List:

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Live Patching 12-SP5 (ppc64le s390x x86_64)
    * kgraft-patch-4_12_14-122_272-default-18-2.1

## References:

  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-46116.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-63888.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-63920.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-64011.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-64114.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-68121.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-68202.html
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1267370
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1272391
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1273012
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1273833
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1275162
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1275228
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1276493

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.suse.com/pipermail/sle-security-updates/attachments/20261005/21390d78/attachment.htm>


More information about the sle-security-updates mailing list