SUSE-SU-2026:4442-1: moderate: Security update for perl-DBI

SLE-SECURITY-UPDATES null at suse.de
Mon Oct 5 16:41:12 UTC 2026


# Security update for perl-DBI

Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2026:4442-1  
Release Date: 2026-10-05T08:18:25Z  
Rating: moderate  
References:

  * bsc#1283055
  * bsc#1283056

  
Cross-References:

  * CVE-2026-88815
  * CVE-2026-88816

  
CVSS scores:

  * CVE-2026-88815 ( SUSE ):  6.9
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-88815 ( SUSE ):  6.2 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-88815 ( NVD ):  6.2 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-88816 ( SUSE ):  6.9
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-88816 ( SUSE ):  6.2 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-88816 ( NVD ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H

  
Affected Products:

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP5
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP5 LTSS Extended Security
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 12 SP5

  
  
An update that solves two vulnerabilities can now be installed.

## Description:

This update for perl-DBI fixes the following issues:

  * CVE-2026-88815: numeric value incorrectly treated as strings in
    `sql_type_cast_svpv` allows for process crash (bsc#1283055).
  * CVE-2026-88816: numeric value incorrectly treated as strings in
    `FetchHashKeyName` allows for process crash (bsc#1283056).

## Patch Instructions:

To install this SUSE update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like
YaST online_update or "zypper patch".  
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP5 LTSS Extended Security  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP5-LTSS-EXTENDED-SECURITY-2026-4442

## Package List:

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP5 LTSS Extended Security (x86_64)
    * perl-DBI-debuginfo-1.628-5.29.1
    * perl-DBI-1.628-5.29.1
    * perl-DBI-debugsource-1.628-5.29.1

## References:

  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-88815.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-88816.html
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1283055
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1283056

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.suse.com/pipermail/sle-security-updates/attachments/20261005/82ab950a/attachment.htm>


More information about the sle-security-updates mailing list