SUSE-SU-2026:4501-1: important: Security update for libX11

SLE-SECURITY-UPDATES null at suse.de
Mon Oct 5 20:41:08 UTC 2026


# Security update for libX11

Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2026:4501-1  
Release Date: 2026-10-05T15:03:26Z  
Rating: important  
References:

  * bsc#1280910
  * bsc#1281653
  * bsc#1281657
  * bsc#1281661

  
Cross-References:

  * CVE-2026-88806
  * CVE-2026-94283
  * CVE-2026-94284
  * CVE-2026-94285

  
CVSS scores:

  * CVE-2026-88806 ( SUSE ):  8.9
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:H/AT:N/PR:N/UI:A/VC:H/VI:H/VA:H/SC:H/SI:H/SA:H
  * CVE-2026-88806 ( SUSE ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-88806 ( NVD ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-94283 ( SUSE ):  6.9
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:A/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-94283 ( SUSE ):  6.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-94283 ( NVD ):  6.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-94284 ( SUSE ):  6.7
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:A/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-94284 ( SUSE ):  5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-94284 ( NVD ):  5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-94285 ( SUSE ):  4.8
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:N/PR:L/UI:N/VC:L/VI:N/VA:L/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-94285 ( SUSE ):  5.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:L
  * CVE-2026-94285 ( NVD ):  5.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:L

  
Affected Products:

  * openSUSE Leap 15.6
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP6
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP6 LTSS
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 15 SP6

  
  
An update that solves four vulnerabilities can now be installed.

## Description:

This update for libX11 fixes the following issues:

  * CVE-2026-88806: XkbGetMap Reply Heap-based Buffer Overflow (bsc#1280910).
  * CVE-2026-94283: out-of-bounds read vulnerability in libX11's XIM (X Input
    Method) attribute parser (bsc#1281653).
  * CVE-2026-94284: out-of-bounds read vulnerability in libX11's XIM trigger-
    keyregistration parser.registration parser (bsc#1281657).
  * CVE-2026-94285: out-of-bounds read in libX11's byte-oriented codeset parser
    (bsc#1281661).

## Patch Instructions:

To install this SUSE update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like
YaST online_update or "zypper patch".  
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 15 SP6  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Product-SLES_SAP-15-SP6-2026-4501

  * openSUSE Leap 15.6  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-2026-4501

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP6 LTSS  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Product-SLES-15-SP6-LTSS-2026-4501

## Package List:

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 15 SP6 (ppc64le x86_64)
    * libX11-devel-1.8.7-150600.3.11.1
    * libX11-6-1.8.7-150600.3.11.1
    * libX11-6-debuginfo-1.8.7-150600.3.11.1
    * libX11-xcb1-1.8.7-150600.3.11.1
    * libX11-xcb1-debuginfo-1.8.7-150600.3.11.1
    * libX11-debugsource-1.8.7-150600.3.11.1
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 15 SP6 (x86_64)
    * libX11-xcb1-32bit-debuginfo-1.8.7-150600.3.11.1
    * libX11-xcb1-32bit-1.8.7-150600.3.11.1
    * libX11-6-32bit-debuginfo-1.8.7-150600.3.11.1
    * libX11-6-32bit-1.8.7-150600.3.11.1
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 15 SP6 (noarch)
    * libX11-data-1.8.7-150600.3.11.1
  * openSUSE Leap 15.6 (aarch64 i586 ppc64le s390x x86_64)
    * libX11-devel-1.8.7-150600.3.11.1
    * libX11-6-1.8.7-150600.3.11.1
    * libX11-6-debuginfo-1.8.7-150600.3.11.1
    * libX11-xcb1-1.8.7-150600.3.11.1
    * libX11-xcb1-debuginfo-1.8.7-150600.3.11.1
    * libX11-debugsource-1.8.7-150600.3.11.1
  * openSUSE Leap 15.6 (x86_64)
    * libX11-xcb1-32bit-1.8.7-150600.3.11.1
    * libX11-devel-32bit-1.8.7-150600.3.11.1
    * libX11-6-32bit-debuginfo-1.8.7-150600.3.11.1
    * libX11-xcb1-32bit-debuginfo-1.8.7-150600.3.11.1
    * libX11-6-32bit-1.8.7-150600.3.11.1
  * openSUSE Leap 15.6 (aarch64_ilp32)
    * libX11-6-64bit-1.8.7-150600.3.11.1
    * libX11-xcb1-64bit-debuginfo-1.8.7-150600.3.11.1
    * libX11-devel-64bit-1.8.7-150600.3.11.1
    * libX11-xcb1-64bit-1.8.7-150600.3.11.1
    * libX11-6-64bit-debuginfo-1.8.7-150600.3.11.1
  * openSUSE Leap 15.6 (noarch)
    * libX11-data-1.8.7-150600.3.11.1
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP6 LTSS (aarch64 ppc64le s390x x86_64)
    * libX11-devel-1.8.7-150600.3.11.1
    * libX11-6-1.8.7-150600.3.11.1
    * libX11-6-debuginfo-1.8.7-150600.3.11.1
    * libX11-xcb1-1.8.7-150600.3.11.1
    * libX11-xcb1-debuginfo-1.8.7-150600.3.11.1
    * libX11-debugsource-1.8.7-150600.3.11.1
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP6 LTSS (noarch)
    * libX11-data-1.8.7-150600.3.11.1
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP6 LTSS (x86_64)
    * libX11-xcb1-32bit-debuginfo-1.8.7-150600.3.11.1
    * libX11-xcb1-32bit-1.8.7-150600.3.11.1
    * libX11-6-32bit-debuginfo-1.8.7-150600.3.11.1
    * libX11-6-32bit-1.8.7-150600.3.11.1

## References:

  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-88806.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-94283.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-94284.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-94285.html
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1280910
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1281653
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1281657
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1281661

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.suse.com/pipermail/sle-security-updates/attachments/20261005/44ef79b1/attachment.htm>


More information about the sle-security-updates mailing list