SUSE-SU-2026:23993-1: important: Security update for the Linux Kernel RT (Live Patch 16 for SUSE Linux Enterprise 16)
SLE-SECURITY-UPDATES
null at suse.de
Tue Oct 6 08:49:22 UTC 2026
# Security update for the Linux Kernel RT (Live Patch 16 for SUSE Linux
Enterprise 16)
Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2026:23993-1
Release Date: 2026-10-02T10:28:56Z
Rating: important
References:
* bsc#1272391
* bsc#1273011
* bsc#1273012
* bsc#1273015
* bsc#1273052
* bsc#1273833
* bsc#1273837
* bsc#1275228
* bsc#1276299
* bsc#1277409
* bsc#1277506
Cross-References:
* CVE-2026-63888
* CVE-2026-63917
* CVE-2026-63920
* CVE-2026-63921
* CVE-2026-64000
* CVE-2026-64114
* CVE-2026-64121
* CVE-2026-68121
* CVE-2026-72217
* CVE-2026-74394
* CVE-2026-74612
CVSS scores:
* CVE-2026-63888 ( SUSE ): 6.1
CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:H/AT:N/PR:L/UI:N/VC:L/VI:H/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
* CVE-2026-63888 ( SUSE ): 7.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:H/A:H
* CVE-2026-63888 ( NVD ): 9.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
* CVE-2026-63917 ( SUSE ): 8.5
CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:N/PR:L/UI:N/VC:H/VI:H/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
* CVE-2026-63917 ( SUSE ): 7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
* CVE-2026-63917 ( NVD ): 8.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:H
* CVE-2026-63920 ( SUSE ): 6.9
CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:N/PR:L/UI:N/VC:H/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
* CVE-2026-63920 ( SUSE ): 7.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:H
* CVE-2026-63920 ( NVD ): 7.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:H
* CVE-2026-63921 ( SUSE ): 9.3
CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:N/PR:L/UI:N/VC:H/VI:H/VA:L/SC:H/SI:H/SA:L
* CVE-2026-63921 ( SUSE ): 8.7 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:L
* CVE-2026-63921 ( NVD ): 8.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:H
* CVE-2026-64000 ( SUSE ): 7.1
CVSS:4.0/AV:A/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:L/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
* CVE-2026-64000 ( SUSE ): 7.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:A/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:H
* CVE-2026-64000 ( NVD ): 9.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
* CVE-2026-64114 ( SUSE ): 8.5
CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:N/PR:L/UI:N/VC:H/VI:H/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
* CVE-2026-64114 ( SUSE ): 7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
* CVE-2026-64114 ( NVD ): 7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
* CVE-2026-64121 ( SUSE ): 6.9
CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:N/PR:L/UI:N/VC:H/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
* CVE-2026-64121 ( SUSE ): 7.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:H
* CVE-2026-64121 ( NVD ): 7.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:H
* CVE-2026-68121 ( SUSE ): 7.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:L/A:H
* CVE-2026-68121 ( NVD ): 7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
* CVE-2026-72217 ( SUSE ): 8.5
CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:N/PR:L/UI:N/VC:H/VI:H/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
* CVE-2026-72217 ( SUSE ): 7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
* CVE-2026-72217 ( NVD ): 9.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
* CVE-2026-74394 ( SUSE ): 6.8
CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:N/PR:L/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
* CVE-2026-74394 ( SUSE ): 7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
* CVE-2026-74394 ( NVD ): 9.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
* CVE-2026-74612 ( SUSE ): 8.5
CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:N/PR:L/UI:N/VC:H/VI:H/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
* CVE-2026-74612 ( SUSE ): 7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
* CVE-2026-74612 ( NVD ): 10.0 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:H
Affected Products:
* SUSE Linux Micro 6.2
An update that solves 11 vulnerabilities can now be installed.
## Description:
This update for the SUSE Linux Enterprise Kernel 6.12.0-160000.37.1 fixes
various security issues:
The following security issues were fixed:
* CVE-2026-63888: scsi: target: iscsi: Fix CRC overread and double-free in
iscsit_handle_text_cmd() (bsc#1272391).
* CVE-2026-63917: ip6: vti: Use ip6_tnl.net in vti6_changelink()
(bsc#1273015).
* CVE-2026-63920: ipv6: validate extension header length before copying to
cmsg (bsc#1273012).
* CVE-2026-63921: ip6: vti: Use ip6_tnl.net in vti6_siocdevprivate()
(bsc#1273011).
* CVE-2026-64000: net: hsr: fix potential OOB access in supervision frame
handling (bsc#1273052).
* CVE-2026-64114: ipv4: raw: reject IP_HDRINCL packets with ihl < 5
(bsc#1273833).
* CVE-2026-64121: net: ifb: report ethtool stats over num_tx_queues
(bsc#1273837).
* CVE-2026-68121: pppoe: reload header pointer after dev_hard_header()
(bsc#1275228).
* CVE-2026-72217: SUNRPC: Bound-check xdr_buf_to_bvec() stores before writing
(bsc#1276299).
* CVE-2026-74394: RDMA/srpt: fix integer overflow in immediate data length
check (bsc#1277409).
* CVE-2026-74612: veth: fix skb length accounting after XDP frag adjustment
(bsc#1277506).
## Patch Instructions:
To install this SUSE update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like
YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
* SUSE Linux Micro 6.2
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SL-Micro-6.2-1804
## Package List:
* SUSE Linux Micro 6.2 (x86_64)
* kernel-livepatch-6_12_0-160000_37-rt-3-160000.1.1
* kernel-livepatch-6_12_0-160000_37-rt-debuginfo-3-160000.1.1
* kernel-livepatch-SLE16-RT_Update_16-debugsource-3-160000.1.1
## References:
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-63888.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-63917.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-63920.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-63921.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-64000.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-64114.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-64121.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-68121.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-72217.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-74394.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-74612.html
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1272391
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1273011
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1273012
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1273015
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1273052
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1273833
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1273837
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1275228
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1276299
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1277409
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1277506
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.suse.com/pipermail/sle-security-updates/attachments/20261006/29bc9d9d/attachment.htm>
More information about the sle-security-updates
mailing list