SUSE-SU-2026:4540-1: important: Security update for the Linux Kernel (Live Patch 30 for SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 SP6)
SLE-SECURITY-UPDATES
null at suse.de
Tue Oct 6 12:31:01 UTC 2026
# Security update for the Linux Kernel (Live Patch 30 for SUSE Linux Enterprise
15 SP6)
Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2026:4540-1
Release Date: 2026-10-06T08:05:00Z
Rating: important
References:
* bsc#1272391
* bsc#1273003
* bsc#1273012
* bsc#1273052
* bsc#1273833
* bsc#1273837
* bsc#1275162
* bsc#1275228
* bsc#1276493
* bsc#1277409
* bsc#1277506
Cross-References:
* CVE-2026-63888
* CVE-2026-63920
* CVE-2026-63944
* CVE-2026-64000
* CVE-2026-64011
* CVE-2026-64114
* CVE-2026-64121
* CVE-2026-68121
* CVE-2026-68202
* CVE-2026-74394
* CVE-2026-74612
CVSS scores:
* CVE-2026-63888 ( SUSE ): 6.1
CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:H/AT:N/PR:L/UI:N/VC:L/VI:H/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
* CVE-2026-63888 ( SUSE ): 7.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:H/A:H
* CVE-2026-63888 ( NVD ): 9.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
* CVE-2026-63920 ( SUSE ): 6.9
CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:N/PR:L/UI:N/VC:H/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
* CVE-2026-63920 ( SUSE ): 7.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:H
* CVE-2026-63920 ( NVD ): 7.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:H
* CVE-2026-63944 ( SUSE ): 7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:A/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
* CVE-2026-63944 ( NVD ): 8.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:A/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
* CVE-2026-64000 ( SUSE ): 7.1
CVSS:4.0/AV:A/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:L/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
* CVE-2026-64000 ( SUSE ): 7.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:A/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:H
* CVE-2026-64000 ( NVD ): 9.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
* CVE-2026-64011 ( SUSE ): 7.5
CVSS:4.0/AV:A/AC:L/AT:P/PR:L/UI:N/VC:H/VI:H/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
* CVE-2026-64011 ( SUSE ): 7.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:A/AC:H/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
* CVE-2026-64011 ( NVD ): 7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
* CVE-2026-64114 ( SUSE ): 8.5
CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:N/PR:L/UI:N/VC:H/VI:H/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
* CVE-2026-64114 ( SUSE ): 7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
* CVE-2026-64114 ( NVD ): 7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
* CVE-2026-64121 ( SUSE ): 6.9
CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:N/PR:L/UI:N/VC:H/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
* CVE-2026-64121 ( SUSE ): 7.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:H
* CVE-2026-64121 ( NVD ): 7.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:H
* CVE-2026-68121 ( SUSE ): 7.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:L/A:H
* CVE-2026-68121 ( NVD ): 7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
* CVE-2026-68202 ( SUSE ): 7.3
CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:P/PR:L/UI:N/VC:H/VI:H/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
* CVE-2026-68202 ( SUSE ): 7.0 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
* CVE-2026-68202 ( NVD ): 7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
* CVE-2026-74394 ( SUSE ): 6.8
CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:N/PR:L/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
* CVE-2026-74394 ( SUSE ): 7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
* CVE-2026-74394 ( NVD ): 9.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
* CVE-2026-74612 ( SUSE ): 8.5
CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:N/PR:L/UI:N/VC:H/VI:H/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
* CVE-2026-74612 ( SUSE ): 7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
* CVE-2026-74612 ( NVD ): 10.0 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:H
Affected Products:
* openSUSE Leap 15.6
* SUSE Linux Enterprise Live Patching 15-SP6
* SUSE Linux Enterprise Real Time 15 SP6
* SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP6
* SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 15 SP6
An update that solves 11 vulnerabilities can now be installed.
## Description:
This update for the SUSE Linux Enterprise Kernel 6.4.0-150600.23.130 fixes
various security issues:
The following security issues were fixed:
* CVE-2026-63888: scsi: target: iscsi: Fix CRC overread and double-free in
iscsit_handle_text_cmd() (bsc#1272391).
* CVE-2026-63920: ipv6: validate extension header length before copying to
cmsg (bsc#1273012).
* CVE-2026-63944: Bluetooth: hci_sync: fix UAF in hci_le_create_cis_sync
(bsc#1273003).
* CVE-2026-64000: net: hsr: fix potential OOB access in supervision frame
handling (bsc#1273052).
* CVE-2026-64011: nfc: llcp: Fix use-after-free in llcp_sock_release()
(bsc#1276493).
* CVE-2026-64114: ipv4: raw: reject IP_HDRINCL packets with ihl < 5
(bsc#1273833).
* CVE-2026-64121: net: ifb: report ethtool stats over num_tx_queues
(bsc#1273837).
* CVE-2026-68121: pppoe: reload header pointer after dev_hard_header()
(bsc#1275228).
* CVE-2026-68202: ALSA: seq: close a re-opened queue timer in the destructor
(bsc#1275162).
* CVE-2026-74394: RDMA/srpt: fix integer overflow in immediate data length
check (bsc#1277409).
* CVE-2026-74612: veth: fix skb length accounting after XDP frag adjustment
(bsc#1277506).
## Patch Instructions:
To install this SUSE update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like
YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
* SUSE Linux Enterprise Live Patching 15-SP6
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Live-Patching-15-SP6-2026-4540
* openSUSE Leap 15.6
zypper in -t patch SUSE-2026-4540
## Package List:
* SUSE Linux Enterprise Live Patching 15-SP6 (ppc64le s390x x86_64)
* kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150600_23_130-default-3-150600.2.1
* kernel-livepatch-SLE15-SP6_Update_30-debugsource-3-150600.2.1
* kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150600_23_130-default-debuginfo-3-150600.2.1
* openSUSE Leap 15.6 (ppc64le s390x x86_64)
* kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150600_23_130-default-3-150600.2.1
* kernel-livepatch-SLE15-SP6_Update_30-debugsource-3-150600.2.1
* kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150600_23_130-default-debuginfo-3-150600.2.1
## References:
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-63888.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-63920.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-63944.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-64000.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-64011.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-64114.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-64121.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-68121.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-68202.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-74394.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-74612.html
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1272391
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1273003
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1273012
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1273052
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1273833
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1273837
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1275162
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1275228
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1276493
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1277409
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1277506
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.suse.com/pipermail/sle-security-updates/attachments/20261006/e2e55014/attachment.htm>
More information about the sle-security-updates
mailing list