SUSE-SU-2026:4558-1: important: Security update for libsoup

SLE-SECURITY-UPDATES null at suse.de
Wed Oct 7 16:32:29 UTC 2026


# Security update for libsoup

Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2026:4558-1  
Release Date: 2026-10-07T08:51:34Z  
Rating: important  
References:

  * bsc#1271401
  * bsc#1271446
  * bsc#1271447
  * bsc#1271449
  * bsc#1272195
  * bsc#1273156

  
Cross-References:

  * CVE-2026-12478
  * CVE-2026-12547
  * CVE-2026-15711
  * CVE-2026-15712
  * CVE-2026-15714
  * CVE-2026-66339

  
CVSS scores:

  * CVE-2026-12478 ( SUSE ):  6.3
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:H/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:L/VI:N/VA:L/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-12478 ( SUSE ):  4.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:L
  * CVE-2026-12478 ( NVD ):  4.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:L
  * CVE-2026-12547 ( SUSE ):  5.3
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:L/UI:N/VC:L/VI:N/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-12547 ( SUSE ):  4.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:R/S:C/C:L/I:N/A:N
  * CVE-2026-12547 ( NVD ):  3.4 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:H/UI:R/S:C/C:L/I:N/A:N
  * CVE-2026-15711 ( SUSE ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-15711 ( NVD ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-15712 ( SUSE ):  5.9 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-15712 ( NVD ):  5.9 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-15714 ( SUSE ):  6.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:L
  * CVE-2026-15714 ( NVD ):  6.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:L
  * CVE-2026-66339 ( SUSE ):  7.1
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:P/VC:H/VI:N/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-66339 ( SUSE ):  6.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:N
  * CVE-2026-66339 ( NVD ):  6.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:N

  
Affected Products:

  * Basesystem Module 15-SP7
  * openSUSE Leap 15.6
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 15 SP7
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Real Time 15 SP7
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP6
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP6 LTSS
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP7
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 15 SP6
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 15 SP7

  
  
An update that solves six vulnerabilities can now be installed.

## Description:

This update for libsoup fixes the following issues:

  * CVE-2026-12478: websocket: Fix out-of-bounds read when reading unmasked
    frame (bsc#1271401).
  * CVE-2026-12547: Header "Proxy-Authorization" leads to credentials being send
    to different proxy after proxy switch (bsc#1272195).
  * CVE-2026-15711: SoupWebsocketConnection: WebSocket remote denial of service
    via oversized control frame protocol violation (bsc#1271446).
  * CVE-2026-15712: SoupClientMessageIOHTTP2: HTTP/2 GOAWAY frame parsing heap
    buffer over-read via invalid NUL- termination assumption (bsc#1271447).
  * CVE-2026-15714: SoupMultipartInputStream: libsoup: Out-of-bounds read in
    soup_multipart_input_stream_read_headers via an oversized multipart boundary
    string (bsc#1271449).
  * CVE-2026-66339: proxy credentials leak to destination server via `Proxy-
    Authorization` header in CONNECT tunnels (bsc#1273156).

## Patch Instructions:

To install this SUSE update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like
YaST online_update or "zypper patch".  
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 15 SP6  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Product-SLES_SAP-15-SP6-2026-4558

  * openSUSE Leap 15.6  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-2026-4558

  * Basesystem Module 15-SP7  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Basesystem-15-SP7-2026-4558

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP6 LTSS  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Product-SLES-15-SP6-LTSS-2026-4558

## Package List:

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 15 SP6 (ppc64le x86_64)
    * libsoup-3_0-0-3.4.4-150600.3.56.1
    * libsoup-3_0-0-debuginfo-3.4.4-150600.3.56.1
    * libsoup-devel-3.4.4-150600.3.56.1
    * libsoup-debugsource-3.4.4-150600.3.56.1
    * typelib-1_0-Soup-3_0-3.4.4-150600.3.56.1
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 15 SP6 (noarch)
    * libsoup-lang-3.4.4-150600.3.56.1
  * openSUSE Leap 15.6 (aarch64 i586 ppc64le s390x x86_64)
    * libsoup-3_0-0-3.4.4-150600.3.56.1
    * libsoup-3_0-0-debuginfo-3.4.4-150600.3.56.1
    * libsoup-devel-3.4.4-150600.3.56.1
    * libsoup-debugsource-3.4.4-150600.3.56.1
    * typelib-1_0-Soup-3_0-3.4.4-150600.3.56.1
  * openSUSE Leap 15.6 (x86_64)
    * libsoup-3_0-0-32bit-debuginfo-3.4.4-150600.3.56.1
    * libsoup-devel-32bit-3.4.4-150600.3.56.1
    * libsoup-3_0-0-32bit-3.4.4-150600.3.56.1
  * openSUSE Leap 15.6 (aarch64_ilp32)
    * libsoup-3_0-0-64bit-debuginfo-3.4.4-150600.3.56.1
    * libsoup-devel-64bit-3.4.4-150600.3.56.1
    * libsoup-3_0-0-64bit-3.4.4-150600.3.56.1
  * openSUSE Leap 15.6 (noarch)
    * libsoup-lang-3.4.4-150600.3.56.1
  * Basesystem Module 15-SP7 (aarch64 ppc64le s390x x86_64)
    * libsoup-3_0-0-3.4.4-150600.3.56.1
    * libsoup-3_0-0-debuginfo-3.4.4-150600.3.56.1
    * libsoup-devel-3.4.4-150600.3.56.1
    * libsoup-debugsource-3.4.4-150600.3.56.1
    * typelib-1_0-Soup-3_0-3.4.4-150600.3.56.1
  * Basesystem Module 15-SP7 (noarch)
    * libsoup-lang-3.4.4-150600.3.56.1
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP6 LTSS (aarch64 ppc64le s390x x86_64)
    * libsoup-3_0-0-3.4.4-150600.3.56.1
    * libsoup-3_0-0-debuginfo-3.4.4-150600.3.56.1
    * libsoup-devel-3.4.4-150600.3.56.1
    * libsoup-debugsource-3.4.4-150600.3.56.1
    * typelib-1_0-Soup-3_0-3.4.4-150600.3.56.1
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP6 LTSS (noarch)
    * libsoup-lang-3.4.4-150600.3.56.1

## References:

  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-12478.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-12547.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-15711.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-15712.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-15714.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-66339.html
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1271401
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1271446
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1271447
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1271449
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1272195
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1273156

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.suse.com/pipermail/sle-security-updates/attachments/20261007/39dfd3f0/attachment.htm>


More information about the sle-security-updates mailing list