SUSE-SU-2026:23604-1: important: Security update for openexr

SLE-SECURITY-UPDATES null at suse.de
Mon Sep 14 17:03:50 UTC 2026


# Security update for openexr

Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2026:23604-1  
Release Date: 2026-09-02T09:44:40Z  
Rating: important  
References:

  * bsc#1276428
  * bsc#1276848
  * bsc#1276849
  * bsc#1276850
  * bsc#1276853
  * bsc#1276855
  * bsc#1276856
  * bsc#1276857
  * bsc#1276858
  * bsc#1276859
  * bsc#1276862

  
Cross-References:

  * CVE-2026-59183
  * CVE-2026-59184
  * CVE-2026-59186
  * CVE-2026-59189
  * CVE-2026-59981
  * CVE-2026-59982
  * CVE-2026-59983
  * CVE-2026-59984
  * CVE-2026-59985
  * CVE-2026-61555
  * CVE-2026-68515

  
CVSS scores:

  * CVE-2026-59183 ( SUSE ):  5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-59183 ( NVD ):  5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-59184 ( SUSE ):  7.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:L/A:H
  * CVE-2026-59184 ( NVD ):  7.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:L/A:H
  * CVE-2026-59186 ( SUSE ):  7.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:L/A:H
  * CVE-2026-59186 ( NVD ):  7.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:L/A:H
  * CVE-2026-59189 ( SUSE ):  7.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-59189 ( NVD ):  7.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-59981 ( SUSE ):  7.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-59981 ( NVD ):  7.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-59982 ( SUSE ):  7.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-59982 ( NVD ):  7.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-59983 ( SUSE ):  5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-59983 ( NVD ):  5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-59984 ( SUSE ):  5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-59984 ( NVD ):  5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-59985 ( SUSE ):  5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-59985 ( NVD ):  5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-61555 ( SUSE ):  5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-61555 ( NVD ):  5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-68515 ( SUSE ):  7.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-68515 ( NVD ):  7.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:H/A:H

  
Affected Products:

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 16.0
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP applications 16.0

  
  
An update that solves 11 vulnerabilities can now be installed.

## Description:

This update for openexr fixes the following issues:

  * CVE-2026-59183: unmapped memory access leading to crash due to `int32_t`
    multiplication overflow in `unpack_sample_table()` when decoding a crafted
    deep tiled EXR file (bsc#1276428).
  * CVE-2026-59184: out-of-bounds or use-after-free writes when processing a
    crafted EXR with a nonzero `dataWindow.min` (bsc#1276849).
  * CVE-2026-59186: heap out-of-bounds write on 32-bit/ILP32 builds when a
    crafted tiled EXR is read through the public `TiledRgbaInputFile` RGBA API
    (bsc#1276850).
  * CVE-2026-59189: heap out-of-bounds read when processing a deep image that
    has a non-zero `dataWindow` origin (bsc#1276855).
  * CVE-2026-59981: heap out-of-bounds read when procesing a deep image that has
    a non-zero `dataWindow` origin (bsc#1276862).
  * CVE-2026-59982: out-of-bounds pointer access when processing a crafted deep
    EXR that has a non-zero `dataWindow` origin (bsc#1276853).
  * CVE-2026-59983: out-of-bounds read in ILP32 builds when processing a crafted
    uncompressed deep-tile EXR (bsc#1276856).
  * CVE-2026-59984: out-of-bounds write in ILP32 builds when processing a
    crafted B44-compressed scanline EXR (bsc#1276857).
  * CVE-2026-59985: out-of-bounds read in ILP32 builds when processing a crafted
    RLE-compressed EXR (bsc#1276858).
  * CVE-2026-61555: undefined behavior when processing a crafted EXR with an
    empty `multiView` header attribute (bsc#1276859).
  * CVE-2026-68515: heap out-of-bounds write in `exrmultiview` when combining
    two specially crafted, individually valid scanline EXR files whose union
    `dataWindow` is not aligned to one view's channel subsampling (bsc#1276848).

## Patch Instructions:

To install this SUSE update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like
YaST online_update or "zypper patch".  
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP applications 16.0  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLES-16.0-1585

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 16.0  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLES-16.0-1585

## Package List:

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP applications 16.0 (ppc64le x86_64)
    * libIex-3_2-31-3.2.2-160000.10.1
    * libOpenEXRUtil-3_2-31-3.2.2-160000.10.1
    * libOpenEXRUtil-3_2-31-debuginfo-3.2.2-160000.10.1
    * openexr-debugsource-3.2.2-160000.10.1
    * libIlmThread-3_2-31-debuginfo-3.2.2-160000.10.1
    * libOpenEXR-3_2-31-debuginfo-3.2.2-160000.10.1
    * openexr-3.2.2-160000.10.1
    * openexr-debuginfo-3.2.2-160000.10.1
    * libIex-3_2-31-debuginfo-3.2.2-160000.10.1
    * libOpenEXRCore-3_2-31-debuginfo-3.2.2-160000.10.1
    * libOpenEXRCore-3_2-31-3.2.2-160000.10.1
    * libIlmThread-3_2-31-3.2.2-160000.10.1
    * libOpenEXR-3_2-31-3.2.2-160000.10.1
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP applications 16.0 (x86_64)
    * libOpenEXR-3_2-31-x86-64-v3-debuginfo-3.2.2-160000.10.1
    * libIex-3_2-31-x86-64-v3-3.2.2-160000.10.1
    * libIex-3_2-31-x86-64-v3-debuginfo-3.2.2-160000.10.1
    * libIlmThread-3_2-31-x86-64-v3-debuginfo-3.2.2-160000.10.1
    * libOpenEXRUtil-3_2-31-x86-64-v3-3.2.2-160000.10.1
    * libOpenEXRUtil-3_2-31-x86-64-v3-debuginfo-3.2.2-160000.10.1
    * libOpenEXR-3_2-31-x86-64-v3-3.2.2-160000.10.1
    * libOpenEXRCore-3_2-31-x86-64-v3-3.2.2-160000.10.1
    * libOpenEXRCore-3_2-31-x86-64-v3-debuginfo-3.2.2-160000.10.1
    * libIlmThread-3_2-31-x86-64-v3-3.2.2-160000.10.1
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP applications 16.0 (noarch)
    * openexr-doc-3.2.2-160000.10.1
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 16.0 (aarch64 ppc64le s390x x86_64)
    * libIex-3_2-31-3.2.2-160000.10.1
    * libOpenEXRUtil-3_2-31-3.2.2-160000.10.1
    * libOpenEXRUtil-3_2-31-debuginfo-3.2.2-160000.10.1
    * openexr-debugsource-3.2.2-160000.10.1
    * libIlmThread-3_2-31-debuginfo-3.2.2-160000.10.1
    * libOpenEXR-3_2-31-debuginfo-3.2.2-160000.10.1
    * openexr-3.2.2-160000.10.1
    * openexr-debuginfo-3.2.2-160000.10.1
    * libIex-3_2-31-debuginfo-3.2.2-160000.10.1
    * libOpenEXRCore-3_2-31-debuginfo-3.2.2-160000.10.1
    * libOpenEXRCore-3_2-31-3.2.2-160000.10.1
    * libIlmThread-3_2-31-3.2.2-160000.10.1
    * libOpenEXR-3_2-31-3.2.2-160000.10.1
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 16.0 (noarch)
    * openexr-doc-3.2.2-160000.10.1
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 16.0 (x86_64)
    * libOpenEXR-3_2-31-x86-64-v3-debuginfo-3.2.2-160000.10.1
    * libIex-3_2-31-x86-64-v3-3.2.2-160000.10.1
    * libIex-3_2-31-x86-64-v3-debuginfo-3.2.2-160000.10.1
    * libIlmThread-3_2-31-x86-64-v3-debuginfo-3.2.2-160000.10.1
    * libOpenEXRUtil-3_2-31-x86-64-v3-3.2.2-160000.10.1
    * libOpenEXRUtil-3_2-31-x86-64-v3-debuginfo-3.2.2-160000.10.1
    * libOpenEXR-3_2-31-x86-64-v3-3.2.2-160000.10.1
    * libOpenEXRCore-3_2-31-x86-64-v3-3.2.2-160000.10.1
    * libOpenEXRCore-3_2-31-x86-64-v3-debuginfo-3.2.2-160000.10.1
    * libIlmThread-3_2-31-x86-64-v3-3.2.2-160000.10.1

## References:

  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-59183.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-59184.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-59186.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-59189.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-59981.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-59982.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-59983.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-59984.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-59985.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-61555.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-68515.html
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1276428
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1276848
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1276849
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1276850
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1276853
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1276855
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1276856
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1276857
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1276858
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1276859
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1276862

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.suse.com/pipermail/sle-security-updates/attachments/20260914/75dd4d76/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the sle-security-updates mailing list