SUSE-SU-2026:4172-1: important: Security update for the Linux Kernel RT (Live Patch 18 for SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 SP7)

SLE-SECURITY-UPDATES null at suse.de
Mon Sep 14 17:42:22 UTC 2026


# Security update for the Linux Kernel RT (Live Patch 18 for SUSE Linux
Enterprise 15 SP7)

Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2026:4172-1  
Release Date: 2026-09-14T10:03:54Z  
Rating: important  
References:

  * bsc#1271543
  * bsc#1271867
  * bsc#1273232
  * bsc#1274074
  * bsc#1274942
  * bsc#1275458

  
Cross-References:

  * CVE-2026-64423
  * CVE-2026-64530
  * CVE-2026-64561
  * CVE-2026-64564
  * CVE-2026-64600
  * CVE-2026-68138

  
CVSS scores:

  * CVE-2026-64423 ( SUSE ):  7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-64423 ( NVD ):  7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-64530 ( SUSE ):  8.8
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:H/AT:P/PR:L/UI:N/VC:H/VI:H/VA:H/SC:H/SI:H/SA:H
  * CVE-2026-64530 ( SUSE ):  7.0 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-64530 ( NVD ):  9.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-64561 ( SUSE ):  9.3
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:N/PR:L/UI:N/VC:H/VI:H/VA:H/SC:H/SI:H/SA:H
  * CVE-2026-64561 ( SUSE ):  8.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-64561 ( NVD ):  8.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-64564 ( SUSE ):  8.5
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:N/PR:L/UI:N/VC:H/VI:H/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-64564 ( SUSE ):  7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-64564 ( NVD ):  9.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-64600 ( SUSE ):  8.8
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:P/PR:L/UI:N/VC:H/VI:H/VA:H/SC:H/SI:H/SA:H
  * CVE-2026-64600 ( SUSE ):  7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:L/UI:N/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-64600 ( NVD ):  7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-68138 ( SUSE ):  7.3
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:P/PR:L/UI:N/VC:H/VI:H/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-68138 ( SUSE ):  7.0 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-68138 ( NVD ):  7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H

  
Affected Products:

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Live Patching 15-SP7
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Real Time 15 SP7
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP7
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 15 SP7

  
  
An update that solves six vulnerabilities can now be installed.

## Description:

This update for the SUSE Linux Enterprise Kernel 6.4.0-150700.7.67 fixes various
security issues:

The following security issues were fixed:

  * CVE-2026-64423: ipv4: igmp: remove multicast group from hash table on device
    destruction (bsc#1275458).
  * CVE-2026-64530: net/sched: cls_api: Handle TC_ACT_CONSUMED in
    tcf_qevent_hand (bsc#1271867).
  * CVE-2026-64561: KVM: x86: Check for invalid/obsolete root _after_ making MMU
    pages available (Zapscape) (bsc#1273232).
  * CVE-2026-64564: sctp: don't free the ASCONF's own transport in DEL-IP
    processing (SCTPhantom) (bsc#1274074).
  * CVE-2026-64600: xfs: resample the data fork mapping after cycling ILOCK
    (RefluXFS) (bsc#1271543).
  * CVE-2026-68138: net/sched: serialize qdisc_rtab_list against concurrent
    get/put (bsc#1274942).

## Patch Instructions:

To install this SUSE update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like
YaST online_update or "zypper patch".  
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Live Patching 15-SP7  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Live-Patching-15-SP7-2026-4172

## Package List:

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Live Patching 15-SP7 (x86_64)
    * kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150700_7_67-rt-2-150700.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150700_7_67-rt-debuginfo-2-150700.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-SLE15-SP7-RT_Update_18-debugsource-2-150700.2.1

## References:

  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-64423.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-64530.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-64561.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-64564.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-64600.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-68138.html
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1271543
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1271867
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1273232
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1274074
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1274942
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1275458

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.suse.com/pipermail/sle-security-updates/attachments/20260914/dde26e44/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the sle-security-updates mailing list