SUSE-SU-2026:4162-1: important: Security update for the Linux Kernel RT (Live Patch 16 for SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 SP7)

SLE-SECURITY-UPDATES null at suse.de
Mon Sep 14 17:44:32 UTC 2026


# Security update for the Linux Kernel RT (Live Patch 16 for SUSE Linux
Enterprise 15 SP7)

Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2026:4162-1  
Release Date: 2026-09-14T10:03:58Z  
Rating: important  
References:

  * bsc#1267388
  * bsc#1270303
  * bsc#1273232
  * bsc#1274074
  * bsc#1274942
  * bsc#1275458

  
Cross-References:

  * CVE-2026-46150
  * CVE-2026-53360
  * CVE-2026-64423
  * CVE-2026-64561
  * CVE-2026-64564
  * CVE-2026-68138

  
CVSS scores:

  * CVE-2026-46150 ( SUSE ):  8.4
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:N/PR:L/UI:N/VC:H/VI:H/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-46150 ( SUSE ):  7.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:N
  * CVE-2026-46150 ( NVD ):  7.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:N
  * CVE-2026-53360 ( SUSE ):  8.5
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:N/PR:L/UI:N/VC:H/VI:H/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-53360 ( SUSE ):  8.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-53360 ( NVD ):  8.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-64423 ( SUSE ):  7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-64423 ( NVD ):  7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-64561 ( SUSE ):  9.3
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:N/PR:L/UI:N/VC:H/VI:H/VA:H/SC:H/SI:H/SA:H
  * CVE-2026-64561 ( SUSE ):  8.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-64561 ( NVD ):  8.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-64564 ( SUSE ):  8.5
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:N/PR:L/UI:N/VC:H/VI:H/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-64564 ( SUSE ):  7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-64564 ( NVD ):  9.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-68138 ( SUSE ):  7.3
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:P/PR:L/UI:N/VC:H/VI:H/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-68138 ( SUSE ):  7.0 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-68138 ( NVD ):  7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H

  
Affected Products:

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Live Patching 15-SP7
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Real Time 15 SP7
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP7
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 15 SP7

  
  
An update that solves six vulnerabilities can now be installed.

## Description:

This update for the SUSE Linux Enterprise Kernel 6.4.0-150700.7.59 fixes various
security issues:

The following security issues were fixed:

  * CVE-2026-46150: fanotify: fix false positive on permission events
    (bsc#1267388).
  * CVE-2026-53360: KVM: SEV: Require in-GHCB scratch area if GHCB v2+ is in use
    (bsc#1270303).
  * CVE-2026-64423: ipv4: igmp: remove multicast group from hash table on device
    destruction (bsc#1275458).
  * CVE-2026-64561: KVM: x86: Check for invalid/obsolete root _after_ making MMU
    pages available (Zapscape) (bsc#1273232).
  * CVE-2026-64564: sctp: don't free the ASCONF's own transport in DEL-IP
    processing (SCTPhantom) (bsc#1274074).
  * CVE-2026-68138: net/sched: serialize qdisc_rtab_list against concurrent
    get/put (bsc#1274942).

## Patch Instructions:

To install this SUSE update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like
YaST online_update or "zypper patch".  
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Live Patching 15-SP7  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Live-Patching-15-SP7-2026-4162 SUSE-SLE-
Module-Live-Patching-15-SP7-2026-4171 SUSE-SLE-Module-Live-
Patching-15-SP7-2026-4157 SUSE-SLE-Module-Live-Patching-15-SP7-2026-4163 SUSE-
SLE-Module-Live-Patching-15-SP7-2026-4173 SUSE-SLE-Module-Live-
Patching-15-SP7-2026-4160 SUSE-SLE-Module-Live-Patching-15-SP7-2026-4161 SUSE-
SLE-Module-Live-Patching-15-SP7-2026-4169 SUSE-SLE-Module-Live-
Patching-15-SP7-2026-4166 SUSE-SLE-Module-Live-Patching-15-SP7-2026-4158 SUSE-
SLE-Module-Live-Patching-15-SP7-2026-4159 SUSE-SLE-Module-Live-
Patching-15-SP7-2026-4164 SUSE-SLE-Module-Live-Patching-15-SP7-2026-4165 SUSE-
SLE-Module-Live-Patching-15-SP7-2026-4167

## Package List:

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Live Patching 15-SP7 (x86_64)
    * kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150700_7_59-rt-5-150700.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-SLE15-SP7-RT_Update_6-debugsource-13-150700.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150700_7_19-rt-debuginfo-14-150700.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150700_7_34-rt-debuginfo-9-150700.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-SLE15-SP7-RT_Update_15-debugsource-5-150700.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150700_7_13-rt-17-150700.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150700_7_13-rt-debuginfo-17-150700.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150700_7_40-rt-debuginfo-8-150700.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-SLE15-SP7-RT_Update_16-debugsource-5-150700.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-SLE15-SP7-RT_Update_12-debugsource-8-150700.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-SLE15-SP7-RT_Update_5-debugsource-14-150700.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150700_7_37-rt-9-150700.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150700_7_37-rt-debuginfo-9-150700.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150700_7_19-rt-14-150700.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150700_7_31-rt-11-150700.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150700_7_54-rt-debuginfo-5-150700.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150700_7_25-rt-12-150700.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150700_7_44-rt-debuginfo-7-150700.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150700_7_28-rt-12-150700.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150700_7_28-rt-debuginfo-12-150700.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150700_7_31-rt-debuginfo-11-150700.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150700_7_40-rt-8-150700.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150700_7_54-rt-5-150700.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150700_7_25-rt-debuginfo-12-150700.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-SLE15-SP7-RT_Update_7-debugsource-12-150700.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-SLE15-SP7-RT_Update_13-debugsource-7-150700.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-SLE15-SP7-RT_Update_4-debugsource-17-150700.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150700_7_59-rt-debuginfo-5-150700.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150700_7_34-rt-9-150700.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150700_7_51-rt-debuginfo-6-150700.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150700_7_22-rt-debuginfo-13-150700.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150700_7_16-rt-debuginfo-17-150700.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150700_7_51-rt-6-150700.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-SLE15-SP7-RT_Update_8-debugsource-12-150700.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-SLE15-SP7-RT_Update_10-debugsource-9-150700.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-SLE15-SP7-RT_Update_14-debugsource-6-150700.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150700_7_44-rt-7-150700.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150700_7_22-rt-13-150700.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-SLE15-SP7-RT_Update_9-debugsource-11-150700.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-6_4_0-150700_7_16-rt-17-150700.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-SLE15-SP7-RT_Update_3-debugsource-17-150700.2.1
    * kernel-livepatch-SLE15-SP7-RT_Update_11-debugsource-9-150700.2.1

## References:

  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-46150.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-53360.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-64423.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-64561.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-64564.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-68138.html
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1267388
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1270303
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1273232
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1274074
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1274942
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1275458

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.suse.com/pipermail/sle-security-updates/attachments/20260914/d919db32/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the sle-security-updates mailing list