SUSE-SU-2026:4174-1: important: Security update for python39.SUSE_SLE-15-SP3_Update

SLE-SECURITY-UPDATES null at suse.de
Mon Sep 14 17:46:51 UTC 2026


# Security update for python39.SUSE_SLE-15-SP3_Update

Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2026:4174-1  
Release Date: 2026-09-14T10:26:53Z  
Rating: important  
References:

  * bsc#1211301
  * bsc#1262429
  * bsc#1267581
  * bsc#1267821
  * bsc#1269066
  * bsc#1269788
  * bsc#1269959
  * bsc#1271192
  * bsc#1273090
  * bsc#1273091
  * bsc#1273094
  * bsc#1274743
  * bsc#1276903
  * bsc#1277271

  
Cross-References:

  * CVE-2026-0864
  * CVE-2026-11972
  * CVE-2026-13346
  * CVE-2026-15308
  * CVE-2026-1703
  * CVE-2026-3219
  * CVE-2026-3276
  * CVE-2026-4360
  * CVE-2026-7774

  
CVSS scores:

  * CVE-2026-0864 ( SUSE ):  8.2
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:P/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:H/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-0864 ( SUSE ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:H/A:N
  * CVE-2026-0864 ( NVD ):  4.1
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:P/PR:H/UI:P/VC:N/VI:H/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N/E:X/CR:X/IR:X/AR:X/MAV:X/MAC:X/MAT:X/MPR:X/MUI:X/MVC:X/MVI:X/MVA:X/MSC:X/MSI:X/MSA:X/S:X/AU:X/R:X/V:X/RE:X/U:X
  * CVE-2026-0864 ( NVD ):  5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:H/A:N
  * CVE-2026-11972 ( SUSE ):  8.2
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:P/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-11972 ( SUSE ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-11972 ( NVD ):  8.2
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:P/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N/E:X/CR:X/IR:X/AR:X/MAV:X/MAC:X/MAT:X/MPR:X/MUI:X/MVC:X/MVI:X/MVA:X/MSC:X/MSI:X/MSA:X/S:X/AU:X/R:X/V:X/RE:X/U:X
  * CVE-2026-13346 ( SUSE ):  5.6
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:H/AT:P/PR:H/UI:A/VC:N/VI:H/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-13346 ( SUSE ):  4.2 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:H/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:H/A:N
  * CVE-2026-13346 ( NVD ):  5.6
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:H/AT:P/PR:H/UI:A/VC:N/VI:H/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N/E:X/CR:X/IR:X/AR:X/MAV:X/MAC:X/MAT:X/MPR:X/MUI:X/MVC:X/MVI:X/MVA:X/MSC:X/MSI:X/MSA:X/S:X/AU:X/R:X/V:X/RE:X/U:X
  * CVE-2026-13346 ( NVD ):  6.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:H/A:N
  * CVE-2026-15308 ( SUSE ):  8.7
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-15308 ( SUSE ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-15308 ( NVD ):  8.7
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N/E:X/CR:X/IR:X/AR:X/MAV:X/MAC:X/MAT:X/MPR:X/MUI:X/MVC:X/MVI:X/MVA:X/MSC:X/MSI:X/MSA:X/S:X/AU:X/R:X/V:X/RE:X/U:X
  * CVE-2026-15308 ( NVD ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-1703 ( SUSE ):  2.1
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:P/PR:N/UI:A/VC:N/VI:L/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-1703 ( SUSE ):  3.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:L/A:N
  * CVE-2026-1703 ( NVD ):  2.0
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:P/PR:L/UI:A/VC:N/VI:L/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N/E:X/CR:X/IR:X/AR:X/MAV:X/MAC:X/MAT:X/MPR:X/MUI:X/MVC:X/MVI:X/MVA:X/MSC:X/MSI:X/MSA:X/S:X/AU:X/R:X/V:X/RE:X/U:X
  * CVE-2026-3219 ( SUSE ):  4.6
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:A/VC:N/VI:L/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-3219 ( SUSE ):  3.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:L/A:N
  * CVE-2026-3219 ( NVD ):  4.6
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:A/VC:N/VI:L/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N/E:X/CR:X/IR:X/AR:X/MAV:X/MAC:X/MAT:X/MPR:X/MUI:X/MVC:X/MVI:X/MVA:X/MSC:X/MSI:X/MSA:X/S:X/AU:X/R:X/V:X/RE:X/U:X
  * CVE-2026-3276 ( SUSE ):  8.2
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:P/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-3276 ( SUSE ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-3276 ( NVD ):  6.3
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:P/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:L/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N/E:X/CR:X/IR:X/AR:X/MAV:X/MAC:X/MAT:X/MPR:X/MUI:X/MVC:X/MVI:X/MVA:X/MSC:X/MSI:X/MSA:X/S:X/AU:X/R:X/V:X/RE:X/U:X
  * CVE-2026-4360 ( SUSE ):  2.0
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:P/PR:N/UI:P/VC:N/VI:L/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-4360 ( SUSE ):  2.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:L/A:N
  * CVE-2026-4360 ( NVD ):  2.0
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:P/PR:H/UI:P/VC:N/VI:L/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N/E:X/CR:X/IR:X/AR:X/MAV:X/MAC:X/MAT:X/MPR:X/MUI:X/MVC:X/MVI:X/MVA:X/MSC:X/MSI:X/MSA:X/S:X/AU:X/R:X/V:X/RE:X/U:X
  * CVE-2026-4360 ( NVD ):  5.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:L/A:N
  * CVE-2026-7774 ( SUSE ):  8.7
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:H/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-7774 ( SUSE ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:H/A:N
  * CVE-2026-7774 ( NVD ):  6.9
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:A/VC:N/VI:H/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N/E:X/CR:X/IR:X/AR:X/MAV:X/MAC:X/MAT:X/MPR:X/MUI:X/MVC:X/MVI:X/MVA:X/MSC:X/MSI:X/MSA:X/S:X/AU:X/R:X/V:X/RE:X/U:X

  
Affected Products:

  * openSUSE Leap 15.3
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP5
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP5 LTSS
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 15 SP5

  
  
An update that solves nine vulnerabilities and has five security fixes can now
be installed.

## Description:

This update for python39.SUSE_SLE-15-SP3_Update fixes the following issues:

Security issues fixed:

  * CVE-2026-0864: improper handling of line-ending characters can lead to
    configuration file injection when the `configparser` module is used
    (bsc#1269066).
  * CVE-2026-1703: files may be extracted outside the installation directory
    when installing and extracting maliciously crafted wheel archives
    (bsc#1274743).
  * CVE-2026-3219: pip doesn't reject concatenated ZIP (bsc#1262429).
  * CVE-2026-3276: quadratic complexity in `unicodedata.normalize()` can lead to
    DoS when processing specially crafted Unicode input (bsc#1267581).
  * CVE-2026-4360: in the Tarfile.extract() function, the filter parameter is
    not passed properly when extracting hardlinks (bsc#1269959).
  * CVE-2026-7774: `tarfile.data_filter` path traversal bypass allows writing
    outside the extraction directory (bsc#1267821).
  * CVE-2026-11972: infinite loop due to improper EOF handling in the tarfile
    module streaming mode can lead to DoS (bsc#1269788).
  * CVE-2026-13346: Arbitrary file installation via malicious package indexes
    (bsc#1273090 bsc#1273091 bsc#1273094).
  * CVE-2026-15308: Incremental HTMLParser allows CPU-exhaustion DoS via
    repeated unterminated markup declarations (bsc#1271192).

Non security issues fixed:

  * crypto-policies: Extend the crypto-policies support for mozilla-nss,
    openjdk, krb5, bind, stunnel, openssh, libssh and more packages
    (bsc#1211301).
  * Update bundled pip wheels to pip-20.0.2-py2.py3-none-any.whl

## Patch Instructions:

To install this SUSE update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like
YaST online_update or "zypper patch".  
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:

  * openSUSE Leap 15.3  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-2026-4174

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 15 SP5  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Product-SLES_SAP-15-SP5-2026-4174

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP5 LTSS  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Product-SLES-15-SP5-LTSS-2026-4174

## Package List:

  * openSUSE Leap 15.3 (aarch64 i586 ppc64le s390x x86_64)
    * libpython3_9-1_0-3.9.25-150300.4.109.1
    * python39-curses-3.9.25-150300.4.109.1
    * python39-dbm-3.9.25-150300.4.109.1
    * python39-dbm-debuginfo-3.9.25-150300.4.109.1
    * python39-idle-3.9.25-150300.4.109.1
    * python39-tk-debuginfo-3.9.25-150300.4.109.1
    * python39-testsuite-debuginfo-3.9.25-150300.4.109.1
    * python39-tk-3.9.25-150300.4.109.1
    * python39-debugsource-3.9.25-150300.4.109.1
    * python39-base-3.9.25-150300.4.109.1
    * python39-testsuite-3.9.25-150300.4.109.1
    * python39-debuginfo-3.9.25-150300.4.109.1
    * libpython3_9-1_0-debuginfo-3.9.25-150300.4.109.1
    * python39-core-debugsource-3.9.25-150300.4.109.1
    * python39-tools-3.9.25-150300.4.109.1
    * python39-3.9.25-150300.4.109.1
    * python39-doc-3.9.25-150300.4.109.1
    * python39-curses-debuginfo-3.9.25-150300.4.109.1
    * python39-doc-devhelp-3.9.25-150300.4.109.1
    * python39-base-debuginfo-3.9.25-150300.4.109.1
    * python39-devel-3.9.25-150300.4.109.1
  * openSUSE Leap 15.3 (x86_64)
    * python39-32bit-debuginfo-3.9.25-150300.4.109.1
    * python39-base-32bit-debuginfo-3.9.25-150300.4.109.1
    * libpython3_9-1_0-32bit-debuginfo-3.9.25-150300.4.109.1
    * python39-base-32bit-3.9.25-150300.4.109.1
    * python39-32bit-3.9.25-150300.4.109.1
    * libpython3_9-1_0-32bit-3.9.25-150300.4.109.1
  * openSUSE Leap 15.3 (aarch64_ilp32)
    * python39-64bit-3.9.25-150300.4.109.1
    * libpython3_9-1_0-64bit-3.9.25-150300.4.109.1
    * python39-64bit-debuginfo-3.9.25-150300.4.109.1
    * python39-base-64bit-3.9.25-150300.4.109.1
    * libpython3_9-1_0-64bit-debuginfo-3.9.25-150300.4.109.1
    * python39-base-64bit-debuginfo-3.9.25-150300.4.109.1
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 15 SP5 (ppc64le x86_64)
    * python39-base-3.9.25-150300.4.109.1
    * python39-3.9.25-150300.4.109.1
    * libpython3_9-1_0-3.9.25-150300.4.109.1
    * python39-curses-3.9.25-150300.4.109.1
    * python39-dbm-3.9.25-150300.4.109.1
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP5 LTSS (aarch64 ppc64le s390x x86_64)
    * python39-base-3.9.25-150300.4.109.1
    * python39-3.9.25-150300.4.109.1
    * libpython3_9-1_0-3.9.25-150300.4.109.1
    * python39-curses-3.9.25-150300.4.109.1
    * python39-dbm-3.9.25-150300.4.109.1

## References:

  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-0864.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-11972.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-13346.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-15308.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-1703.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-3219.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-3276.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-4360.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-7774.html
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1211301
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1262429
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1267581
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1267821
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1269066
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1269788
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1269959
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1271192
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1273090
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1273091
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1273094
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1274743
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1276903
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1277271

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.suse.com/pipermail/sle-security-updates/attachments/20260914/7f8ca748/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the sle-security-updates mailing list