SUSE-SU-2026:4190-1: important: Security update for the Linux Kernel

SLE-SECURITY-UPDATES null at suse.de
Tue Sep 15 20:35:32 UTC 2026


# Security update for the Linux Kernel

Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2026:4190-1  
Release Date: 2026-09-15T12:34:16Z  
Rating: important  
References:

  * bsc#1267369
  * bsc#1269159
  * bsc#1269306
  * bsc#1269655
  * bsc#1272385
  * bsc#1273869
  * bsc#1274888
  * bsc#1275161
  * bsc#1278294

  
Cross-References:

  * CVE-2026-46116
  * CVE-2026-52955
  * CVE-2026-53059
  * CVE-2026-53163
  * CVE-2026-63887
  * CVE-2026-68121
  * CVE-2026-68202
  * CVE-2026-72389
  * CVE-2026-80580

  
CVSS scores:

  * CVE-2026-46116 ( SUSE ):  8.5
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:N/PR:L/UI:N/VC:H/VI:H/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-46116 ( SUSE ):  7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-46116 ( NVD ):  7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-46116 ( NVD ):  7.0 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-52955 ( SUSE ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-52955 ( NVD ):  4.7 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-52955 ( NVD ):  9.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-53059 ( SUSE ):  7.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-53059 ( NVD ):  6.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-53059 ( NVD ):  7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-53163 ( SUSE ):  5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-53163 ( NVD ):  5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-63887 ( SUSE ):  7.2
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:L/UI:N/VC:L/VI:H/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-63887 ( SUSE ):  8.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-63887 ( NVD ):  9.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-68121 ( SUSE ):  7.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:L/A:H
  * CVE-2026-68121 ( NVD ):  7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-68202 ( SUSE ):  7.3
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:P/PR:L/UI:N/VC:H/VI:H/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-68202 ( SUSE ):  7.0 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-68202 ( NVD ):  7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-72389 ( SUSE ):  8.5
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:N/PR:L/UI:N/VC:H/VI:H/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-72389 ( SUSE ):  7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-72389 ( NVD ):  7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-80580 ( SUSE ):  8.5
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:N/PR:L/UI:N/VC:H/VI:H/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-80580 ( SUSE ):  7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-80580 ( NVD ):  7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H

  
Affected Products:

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP4
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP4 LTSS EXTREME CORE

  
  
An update that solves nine vulnerabilities can now be installed.

## Description:

The SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 SP4 kernel was updated to fix various security
issues:

The following security issues were fixed:

  * CVE-2026-46116: xfrm: defensively unhash xfrm_state lists in
    __xfrm_state_delete (bsc#1267369).
  * CVE-2026-52955: libceph: Fix potential out-of-bounds access in
    crush_decode() (bsc#1269159).
  * CVE-2026-53059: dm mirror log: clear log bits up to BITS_PER_LONG boundary
    (bsc#1269655).
  * CVE-2026-53163: locking/rtmutex: Skip remove_waiter() when waiter is not
    enqueued (bsc#1269306).
  * CVE-2026-63887: scsi: target: iscsi: Bound iscsi_encode_text_output()
    appends to rsp_buf (bsc#1272385).
  * CVE-2026-68121: pppoe: reload header pointer after dev_hard_header()
    (bsc#1274888).
  * CVE-2026-68202: ALSA: seq: close a re-opened queue timer in the destructor
    (bsc#1275161).
  * CVE-2026-72389: bridge: stp: Fix a potential use-after-free when deleting a
    bridge (bsc#1273869).
  * CVE-2026-80580: fbdev: bound mode sysfs output to the sysfs buffer
    (bsc#1278294).

## Special Instructions and Notes:

  * Please reboot the system after installing this update.

## Patch Instructions:

To install this SUSE update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like
YaST online_update or "zypper patch".  
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP4 LTSS EXTREME CORE  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-11-SP4-LTSS-EXTREME-CORE-2026-4190

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP4  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-11-SP4-LTSS-EXTREME-CORE-2026-4190

## Package List:

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP4 LTSS EXTREME CORE (nosrc x86_64)
    * kernel-xen-3.0.101-108.220.1
    * kernel-trace-3.0.101-108.220.1
    * kernel-ec2-3.0.101-108.220.1
    * kernel-default-3.0.101-108.220.1
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP4 LTSS EXTREME CORE (x86_64)
    * kernel-ec2-debugsource-3.0.101-108.220.1
    * kernel-trace-debuginfo-3.0.101-108.220.1
    * kernel-trace-debugsource-3.0.101-108.220.1
    * kernel-trace-devel-debuginfo-3.0.101-108.220.1
    * kernel-ec2-devel-debuginfo-3.0.101-108.220.1
    * kernel-xen-base-3.0.101-108.220.1
    * kernel-source-3.0.101-108.220.1
    * kernel-default-base-3.0.101-108.220.1
    * kernel-xen-debugsource-3.0.101-108.220.1
    * kernel-default-devel-debuginfo-3.0.101-108.220.1
    * kernel-default-debuginfo-3.0.101-108.220.1
    * kernel-xen-debuginfo-3.0.101-108.220.1
    * kernel-ec2-devel-3.0.101-108.220.1
    * kernel-default-debugsource-3.0.101-108.220.1
    * kernel-xen-devel-3.0.101-108.220.1
    * kernel-ec2-debuginfo-3.0.101-108.220.1
    * kernel-trace-devel-3.0.101-108.220.1
    * kernel-xen-devel-debuginfo-3.0.101-108.220.1
    * kernel-ec2-base-3.0.101-108.220.1
    * kernel-syms-3.0.101-108.220.1
    * kernel-default-devel-3.0.101-108.220.1
    * kernel-trace-base-3.0.101-108.220.1
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP4 LTSS EXTREME CORE (noarch nosrc)
    * kernel-docs-3.0.101-108.220.1
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP4 (nosrc x86_64)
    * kernel-xen-3.0.101-108.220.1
    * kernel-trace-3.0.101-108.220.1
    * kernel-ec2-3.0.101-108.220.1
    * kernel-default-3.0.101-108.220.1
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP4 (x86_64)
    * kernel-ec2-debugsource-3.0.101-108.220.1
    * kernel-trace-debuginfo-3.0.101-108.220.1
    * kernel-trace-debugsource-3.0.101-108.220.1
    * kernel-trace-devel-debuginfo-3.0.101-108.220.1
    * kernel-ec2-devel-debuginfo-3.0.101-108.220.1
    * kernel-xen-base-3.0.101-108.220.1
    * kernel-source-3.0.101-108.220.1
    * kernel-default-base-3.0.101-108.220.1
    * kernel-xen-debugsource-3.0.101-108.220.1
    * kernel-default-devel-debuginfo-3.0.101-108.220.1
    * kernel-default-debuginfo-3.0.101-108.220.1
    * kernel-xen-debuginfo-3.0.101-108.220.1
    * kernel-ec2-devel-3.0.101-108.220.1
    * kernel-default-debugsource-3.0.101-108.220.1
    * kernel-xen-devel-3.0.101-108.220.1
    * kernel-ec2-debuginfo-3.0.101-108.220.1
    * kernel-trace-devel-3.0.101-108.220.1
    * kernel-xen-devel-debuginfo-3.0.101-108.220.1
    * kernel-ec2-base-3.0.101-108.220.1
    * kernel-syms-3.0.101-108.220.1
    * kernel-default-devel-3.0.101-108.220.1
    * kernel-trace-base-3.0.101-108.220.1
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP4 (noarch nosrc)
    * kernel-docs-3.0.101-108.220.1

## References:

  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-46116.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-52955.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-53059.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-53163.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-63887.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-68121.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-68202.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-72389.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-80580.html
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1267369
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1269159
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1269306
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1269655
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1272385
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1273869
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1274888
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1275161
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1278294

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.suse.com/pipermail/sle-security-updates/attachments/20260915/5f9c713e/attachment.htm>


More information about the sle-security-updates mailing list