SUSE-SU-2026:4204-1: moderate: Security update for glibc

SLE-SECURITY-UPDATES null at suse.de
Wed Sep 16 17:03:47 UTC 2026


# Security update for glibc

Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2026:4204-1  
Release Date: 2026-09-16T08:20:11Z  
Rating: moderate  
References:

  * bsc#1274723
  * bsc#1274726
  * bsc#1276946
  * bsc#1277262
  * bsc#1277921
  * bsc#1277922

  
Cross-References:

  * CVE-2026-18374
  * CVE-2026-19542
  * CVE-2026-6368
  * CVE-2026-6791
  * CVE-2026-77117
  * CVE-2026-80489

  
CVSS scores:

  * CVE-2026-18374 ( SUSE ):  2.1
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:H/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:L/VI:L/VA:L/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-18374 ( SUSE ):  4.9 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:L/A:L
  * CVE-2026-18374 ( NVD ):  4.9 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:L/A:L
  * CVE-2026-19542 ( SUSE ):  1.0
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:H/AT:N/PR:L/UI:A/VC:L/VI:L/VA:L/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-19542 ( SUSE ):  4.2 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:L/UI:R/S:U/C:L/I:L/A:L
  * CVE-2026-19542 ( NVD ):  5.6 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:L/A:L
  * CVE-2026-6368 ( SUSE ):  6.6 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:L/A:H
  * CVE-2026-6368 ( NVD ):  2.1
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:H/AT:P/PR:N/UI:N/VC:L/VI:L/VA:L/SC:L/SI:L/SA:L/E:X/CR:X/IR:X/AR:X/MAV:X/MAC:X/MAT:X/MPR:X/MUI:X/MVC:X/MVI:X/MVA:X/MSC:X/MSI:X/MSA:X/S:P/AU:Y/R:X/V:X/RE:X/U:Green
  * CVE-2026-6791 ( SUSE ):  6.6 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:L/A:H
  * CVE-2026-6791 ( NVD ):  6.6
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:H/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:L/VI:L/VA:H/SC:N/SI:L/SA:H/E:U/CR:X/IR:X/AR:X/MAV:X/MAC:X/MAT:X/MPR:X/MUI:X/MVC:X/MVI:X/MVA:X/MSC:X/MSI:X/MSA:X/S:X/AU:X/R:X/V:X/RE:X/U:X
  * CVE-2026-77117 ( SUSE ):  8.2
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:P/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-77117 ( SUSE ):  5.9 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-77117 ( NVD ):  5.9 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-80489 ( SUSE ):  8.2
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:P/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-80489 ( SUSE ):  5.9 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-80489 ( NVD ):  5.9 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H

  
Affected Products:

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise High Performance Computing 12 SP5
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP5
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP5 LTSS
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP5 LTSS Extended Security
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 12 SP5

  
  
An update that solves six vulnerabilities can now be installed.

## Description:

This update for glibc fixes the following issues:

  * CVE-2026-6368: wordexp WRDE_APPEND rollback restores stale we_wordv, leading
    to invalid free in wordfree (bsc#1274726).
  * CVE-2026-6791: wordexp: unbounded alloca (strndupa) in parse_tilde
    (bsc#1274723).
  * CVE-2026-18374: overflow in the fopen ccs extension (bsc#1277262).
  * CVE-2026-19542: Fix out-of-bounds array write in tdelete (bsc#1276946).
  * CVE-2026-77117: non-progress DoS in SHIFT_JISX0213 -> UCS-4 conversion
    state handling (bsc#1277921).
  * CVE-2026-80489: non-progress DoS in SHIFT_JISX0213 -> UCS-4 conversion
    state handling (bsc#1277922).

## Patch Instructions:

To install this SUSE update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like
YaST online_update or "zypper patch".  
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP5 LTSS  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP5-LTSS-2026-4204

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP5 LTSS Extended Security  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP5-LTSS-EXTENDED-SECURITY-2026-4204

## Package List:

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP5 LTSS (aarch64 ppc64le s390x x86_64)
    * nscd-debuginfo-2.22-114.52.2
    * glibc-devel-static-2.22-114.52.2
    * glibc-locale-2.22-114.52.2
    * nscd-2.22-114.52.2
    * glibc-locale-debuginfo-2.22-114.52.2
    * glibc-2.22-114.52.2
    * glibc-devel-debuginfo-2.22-114.52.2
    * glibc-profile-2.22-114.52.2
    * glibc-devel-2.22-114.52.2
    * glibc-debugsource-2.22-114.52.2
    * glibc-debuginfo-2.22-114.52.2
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP5 LTSS (s390x x86_64)
    * glibc-locale-32bit-2.22-114.52.2
    * glibc-debuginfo-32bit-2.22-114.52.2
    * glibc-profile-32bit-2.22-114.52.2
    * glibc-32bit-2.22-114.52.2
    * glibc-devel-debuginfo-32bit-2.22-114.52.2
    * glibc-locale-debuginfo-32bit-2.22-114.52.2
    * glibc-devel-32bit-2.22-114.52.2
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP5 LTSS (noarch)
    * glibc-i18ndata-2.22-114.52.2
    * glibc-info-2.22-114.52.2
    * glibc-html-2.22-114.52.2
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP5 LTSS Extended Security (x86_64)
    * nscd-debuginfo-2.22-114.52.2
    * glibc-devel-static-2.22-114.52.2
    * glibc-locale-32bit-2.22-114.52.2
    * glibc-debuginfo-32bit-2.22-114.52.2
    * glibc-locale-2.22-114.52.2
    * nscd-2.22-114.52.2
    * glibc-locale-debuginfo-2.22-114.52.2
    * glibc-2.22-114.52.2
    * glibc-profile-32bit-2.22-114.52.2
    * glibc-devel-debuginfo-2.22-114.52.2
    * glibc-32bit-2.22-114.52.2
    * glibc-devel-debuginfo-32bit-2.22-114.52.2
    * glibc-locale-debuginfo-32bit-2.22-114.52.2
    * glibc-profile-2.22-114.52.2
    * glibc-devel-2.22-114.52.2
    * glibc-devel-32bit-2.22-114.52.2
    * glibc-debugsource-2.22-114.52.2
    * glibc-debuginfo-2.22-114.52.2
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP5 LTSS Extended Security (noarch)
    * glibc-i18ndata-2.22-114.52.2
    * glibc-info-2.22-114.52.2
    * glibc-html-2.22-114.52.2

## References:

  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-18374.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-19542.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-6368.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-6791.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-77117.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-80489.html
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1274723
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1274726
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1276946
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1277262
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1277921
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1277922

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.suse.com/pipermail/sle-security-updates/attachments/20260916/496a37f3/attachment.htm>


More information about the sle-security-updates mailing list