SUSE-SU-2026:4200-1: important: Security update for gvfs

SLE-SECURITY-UPDATES null at suse.de
Wed Sep 16 17:07:10 UTC 2026


# Security update for gvfs

Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2026:4200-1  
Release Date: 2026-09-16T08:17:25Z  
Rating: important  
References:

  * bsc#1278156
  * bsc#1278157
  * bsc#1278158
  * bsc#1278159

  
Cross-References:

  * CVE-2026-84267
  * CVE-2026-84268
  * CVE-2026-84269
  * CVE-2026-84270

  
CVSS scores:

  * CVE-2026-84267 ( SUSE ):  5.3
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:P/VC:L/VI:N/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-84267 ( SUSE ):  4.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:N
  * CVE-2026-84267 ( NVD ):  4.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:N
  * CVE-2026-84268 ( SUSE ):  7.7
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:H/AT:N/PR:N/UI:P/VC:H/VI:H/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-84268 ( SUSE ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-84268 ( NVD ):  8.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-84269 ( SUSE ):  7.1
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:P/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-84269 ( SUSE ):  6.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-84269 ( NVD ):  6.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-84270 ( SUSE ):  7.0
    CVSS:4.0/AV:P/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:P/VC:H/VI:H/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-84270 ( SUSE ):  6.6 CVSS:3.1/AV:P/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-84270 ( NVD ):  4.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:P/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H

  
Affected Products:

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise High Performance Computing 12 SP5
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP5
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP5 LTSS
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP5 LTSS Extended Security
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 12 SP5

  
  
An update that solves four vulnerabilities can now be installed.

## Description:

This update for gvfs fixes the following issues:

  * CVE-2026-84267: `read_string()` allocates buffers withouth verifying that
    the buffer is completely filled when communicating with a malicious SFTP
    server, which can lead to uninitialized heap memory leaks (bsc#1278157).
  * CVE-2026-84268: `read_reply()` processes length that exceeds requested
    client size when communicating with a malicious SFTP server, which can lead
    to an OOB write (bsc#1278158).
  * CVE-2026-84269: DSI read path processes length that exceeds requested client
    size when communicating with a malicious AFP server, which can lead to an
    OOB memory access (bsc#1278159).
  * CVE-2026-84270: `do_read()` trusts the data length returned by a mounted MTP
    device and does not limit it to the original size requested by the client,
    which can lead to an OOB write (bsc#1278156).

## Patch Instructions:

To install this SUSE update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like
YaST online_update or "zypper patch".  
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP5 LTSS  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP5-LTSS-2026-4200

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP5 LTSS Extended Security  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP5-LTSS-EXTENDED-SECURITY-2026-4200

## Package List:

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP5 LTSS (aarch64 ppc64le s390x x86_64)
    * gvfs-backends-1.28.3-18.12.1
    * gvfs-debugsource-1.28.3-18.12.1
    * gvfs-backend-samba-debuginfo-1.28.3-18.12.1
    * gvfs-backend-samba-1.28.3-18.12.1
    * gvfs-1.28.3-18.12.1
    * gvfs-debuginfo-1.28.3-18.12.1
    * gvfs-fuse-debuginfo-1.28.3-18.12.1
    * gvfs-backends-debuginfo-1.28.3-18.12.1
    * gvfs-fuse-1.28.3-18.12.1
    * gvfs-devel-1.28.3-18.12.1
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP5 LTSS (noarch)
    * gvfs-lang-1.28.3-18.12.1
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP5 LTSS Extended Security (x86_64)
    * gvfs-backends-1.28.3-18.12.1
    * gvfs-debugsource-1.28.3-18.12.1
    * gvfs-backend-samba-debuginfo-1.28.3-18.12.1
    * gvfs-backend-samba-1.28.3-18.12.1
    * gvfs-1.28.3-18.12.1
    * gvfs-debuginfo-1.28.3-18.12.1
    * gvfs-fuse-debuginfo-1.28.3-18.12.1
    * gvfs-backends-debuginfo-1.28.3-18.12.1
    * gvfs-fuse-1.28.3-18.12.1
    * gvfs-devel-1.28.3-18.12.1
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP5 LTSS Extended Security (noarch)
    * gvfs-lang-1.28.3-18.12.1

## References:

  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-84267.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-84268.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-84269.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-84270.html
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1278156
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1278157
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1278158
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1278159

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.suse.com/pipermail/sle-security-updates/attachments/20260916/d586e506/attachment.htm>


More information about the sle-security-updates mailing list