SUSE-SU-2026:4241-1: important: Security update for pcre2

SLE-SECURITY-UPDATES null at suse.de
Thu Sep 17 16:32:33 UTC 2026


# Security update for pcre2

Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2026:4241-1  
Release Date: 2026-09-17T11:49:07Z  
Rating: important  
References:

  * bsc#1277707
  * bsc#1277708
  * bsc#1277709
  * bsc#1277710
  * bsc#1277711
  * bsc#1277713
  * bsc#1279893
  * bsc#1280050
  * bsc#1280051
  * bsc#1280052
  * bsc#1280053
  * bsc#1280054

  
Cross-References:

  * CVE-2026-86145
  * CVE-2026-89156
  * CVE-2026-89157
  * CVE-2026-89158
  * CVE-2026-89160
  * CVE-2026-89161

  
CVSS scores:

  * CVE-2026-86145 ( SUSE ):  8.3
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:P/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:L/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-86145 ( SUSE ):  8.2 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:L/A:H
  * CVE-2026-86145 ( NVD ):  8.2 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:H/A:L
  * CVE-2026-89156 ( SUSE ):  8.7
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-89156 ( SUSE ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-89156 ( NVD ):  5.9 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-89156 ( NVD ):  2.9 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:L
  * CVE-2026-89157 ( SUSE ):  9.2
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:H/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:H/VI:H/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-89157 ( SUSE ):  8.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-89157 ( NVD ):  5.7 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:H/A:L
  * CVE-2026-89157 ( NVD ):  7.4 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-89158 ( SUSE ):  9.2
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:H/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:H/VI:H/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-89158 ( SUSE ):  8.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-89158 ( NVD ):  6.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:H/A:L
  * CVE-2026-89158 ( NVD ):  6.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:H/A:L
  * CVE-2026-89160 ( SUSE ):  8.7
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-89160 ( SUSE ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-89160 ( NVD ):  6.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:L
  * CVE-2026-89160 ( NVD ):  3.7 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:L
  * CVE-2026-89161 ( SUSE ):  8.7
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-89161 ( SUSE ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-89161 ( NVD ):  7.4 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-89161 ( NVD ):  7.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H

  
Affected Products:

  * Basesystem Module 15-SP7
  * openSUSE Leap 15.6
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 15 SP7
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Real Time 15 SP7
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP6
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP6 LTSS
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP7
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 15 SP6
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 15 SP7

  
  
An update that solves six vulnerabilities and has six security fixes can now be
installed.

## Description:

This update for pcre2 fixes the following issues:

  * CVE-2026-86145: missing size checks in `pcre2_dfa_match` code can lead to an
    out-of-bounds write (bsc#1279893).
  * CVE-2026-89156: out-of-bounds read via invalid UTF data during JIT fallback
    (bsc#1280054).
  * CVE-2026-89157: out-of-bounds write via large pattern input (bsc#1280053).
  * CVE-2026-89158: out-of-bounds write due to integer overflow in
    `pcre2_compile_32` for 32-bit platforms (bsc#1280052).
  * CVE-2026-89160: out-of-bounds read during the `PCRE2_MATCH_INVALID_UTF`
    matching of an invalid UTF subject (bsc#1280051).
  * CVE-2026-89161: incorrect free operation due to mishandling of a previously
    copied subject in `pcre2_jit_match` (bsc#1280050).

## Patch Instructions:

To install this SUSE update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like
YaST online_update or "zypper patch".  
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 15 SP6  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Product-SLES_SAP-15-SP6-2026-4241

  * openSUSE Leap 15.6  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-2026-4241

  * Basesystem Module 15-SP7  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Basesystem-15-SP7-2026-4241

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP6 LTSS  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Product-SLES-15-SP6-LTSS-2026-4241

## Package List:

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 15 SP6 (ppc64le x86_64)
    * libpcre2-8-0-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * pcre2-debugsource-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * libpcre2-16-0-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * libpcre2-32-0-debuginfo-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * libpcre2-posix3-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * libpcre2-16-0-debuginfo-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * libpcre2-8-0-debuginfo-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * pcre2-devel-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * pcre2-tools-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * libpcre2-32-0-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * pcre2-tools-debuginfo-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * libpcre2-posix3-debuginfo-10.42-150600.3.3.1
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 15 SP6 (x86_64)
    * libpcre2-8-0-32bit-debuginfo-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * libpcre2-8-0-32bit-10.42-150600.3.3.1
  * openSUSE Leap 15.6 (aarch64 i586 ppc64le s390x x86_64)
    * libpcre2-8-0-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * pcre2-devel-static-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * pcre2-debugsource-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * libpcre2-16-0-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * libpcre2-32-0-debuginfo-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * libpcre2-posix3-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * libpcre2-16-0-debuginfo-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * libpcre2-8-0-debuginfo-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * pcre2-devel-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * pcre2-tools-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * libpcre2-32-0-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * pcre2-tools-debuginfo-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * libpcre2-posix3-debuginfo-10.42-150600.3.3.1
  * openSUSE Leap 15.6 (x86_64)
    * libpcre2-16-0-32bit-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * libpcre2-16-0-32bit-debuginfo-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * libpcre2-32-0-32bit-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * libpcre2-posix3-32bit-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * libpcre2-posix3-32bit-debuginfo-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * libpcre2-8-0-32bit-debuginfo-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * libpcre2-32-0-32bit-debuginfo-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * libpcre2-8-0-32bit-10.42-150600.3.3.1
  * openSUSE Leap 15.6 (aarch64_ilp32)
    * libpcre2-32-0-64bit-debuginfo-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * libpcre2-8-0-64bit-debuginfo-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * libpcre2-8-0-64bit-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * libpcre2-posix3-64bit-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * libpcre2-16-0-64bit-debuginfo-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * libpcre2-posix3-64bit-debuginfo-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * libpcre2-32-0-64bit-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * libpcre2-16-0-64bit-10.42-150600.3.3.1
  * openSUSE Leap 15.6 (noarch)
    * pcre2-doc-10.42-150600.3.3.1
  * Basesystem Module 15-SP7 (aarch64 ppc64le s390x x86_64)
    * libpcre2-8-0-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * pcre2-debugsource-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * libpcre2-16-0-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * libpcre2-32-0-debuginfo-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * libpcre2-posix3-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * libpcre2-16-0-debuginfo-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * libpcre2-8-0-debuginfo-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * pcre2-devel-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * pcre2-tools-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * libpcre2-32-0-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * pcre2-tools-debuginfo-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * libpcre2-posix3-debuginfo-10.42-150600.3.3.1
  * Basesystem Module 15-SP7 (x86_64)
    * libpcre2-8-0-32bit-debuginfo-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * libpcre2-8-0-32bit-10.42-150600.3.3.1
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP6 LTSS (aarch64 ppc64le s390x x86_64)
    * libpcre2-8-0-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * pcre2-debugsource-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * libpcre2-16-0-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * libpcre2-32-0-debuginfo-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * libpcre2-posix3-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * libpcre2-16-0-debuginfo-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * libpcre2-8-0-debuginfo-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * pcre2-devel-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * pcre2-tools-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * libpcre2-32-0-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * pcre2-tools-debuginfo-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * libpcre2-posix3-debuginfo-10.42-150600.3.3.1
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP6 LTSS (x86_64)
    * libpcre2-8-0-32bit-debuginfo-10.42-150600.3.3.1
    * libpcre2-8-0-32bit-10.42-150600.3.3.1

## References:

  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-86145.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-89156.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-89157.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-89158.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-89160.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-89161.html
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1277707
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1277708
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1277709
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1277710
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1277711
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1277713
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1279893
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1280050
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1280051
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1280052
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1280053
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1280054

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.suse.com/pipermail/sle-security-updates/attachments/20260917/3e4b897a/attachment.htm>


More information about the sle-security-updates mailing list