SUSE-SU-2026:23746-1: important: Security update for freeipmi

SLE-SECURITY-UPDATES null at suse.de
Mon Sep 21 09:14:36 UTC 2026


# Security update for freeipmi

Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2026:23746-1  
Release Date: 2026-09-17T07:27:57Z  
Rating: important  
References:

  * bsc#1278719
  * bsc#1278721
  * bsc#1278722
  * bsc#1278724
  * bsc#1278726
  * bsc#1278727

  
Cross-References:

  * CVE-2026-85504
  * CVE-2026-85505
  * CVE-2026-85506
  * CVE-2026-85507
  * CVE-2026-85508
  * CVE-2026-85509

  
CVSS scores:

  * CVE-2026-85504 ( SUSE ):  8.7
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:P/VC:H/VI:H/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-85504 ( SUSE ):  8.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-85504 ( NVD ):  9.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-85505 ( SUSE ):  8.7
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-85505 ( SUSE ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-85505 ( NVD ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-85506 ( SUSE ):  8.6
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:A/VC:H/VI:H/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-85506 ( SUSE ):  8.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-85506 ( NVD ):  9.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-85507 ( SUSE ):  8.7
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:P/VC:H/VI:H/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-85507 ( SUSE ):  8.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-85507 ( NVD ):  9.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-85508 ( SUSE ):  7.7
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:P/PR:N/UI:P/VC:H/VI:H/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-85508 ( SUSE ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-85508 ( NVD ):  9.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-85509 ( SUSE ):  8.7
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:P/VC:H/VI:H/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-85509 ( SUSE ):  8.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-85509 ( NVD ):  9.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H

  
Affected Products:

  * SUSE Linux Micro 6.1

  
  
An update that solves six vulnerabilities can now be installed.

## Description:

This update for freeipmi fixes the following issues:

  * CVE-2026-85504: stack-based buffer overflow via malformed Fujitsu SEL long-
    text responses (bsc#1278719).
  * CVE-2026-85505: Denial of Service via stack-based buffer over-read in ipmi-
    oem (bsc#1278722).
  * CVE-2026-85506: Arbitrary code execution via stack-based buffer overflow in
    ipmi-oem (bsc#1278721).
  * CVE-2026-85507: stack-based buffer overflow in
    _output_dell_system_info_cmc_info (bsc#1278724).
  * CVE-2026-85508: stack-based buffer overflow in
    _output_dell_system_info_cmc_ipv6_info (bsc#1278726).
  * CVE-2026-85509: stack-based buffer overflow when a BMC returns more bytes
    than requested (bsc#1278727).

## Patch Instructions:

To install this SUSE update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like
YaST online_update or "zypper patch".  
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:

  * SUSE Linux Micro 6.1  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Micro-6.1-735

## Package List:

  * SUSE Linux Micro 6.1 (aarch64 x86_64)
    * freeipmi-debugsource-1.6.14-slfo.1.1_4.1
    * libfreeipmi17-1.6.14-slfo.1.1_4.1
    * libfreeipmi17-debuginfo-1.6.14-slfo.1.1_4.1

## References:

  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-85504.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-85505.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-85506.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-85507.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-85508.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-85509.html
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1278719
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1278721
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1278722
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1278724
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1278726
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1278727

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.suse.com/pipermail/sle-security-updates/attachments/20260921/fc0da948/attachment.htm>


More information about the sle-security-updates mailing list