SUSE-SU-2026:4288-1: moderate: Security update for php-composer2

SLE-SECURITY-UPDATES null at suse.de
Tue Sep 22 20:30:34 UTC 2026


# Security update for php-composer2

Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2026:4288-1  
Release Date: 2026-09-22T16:09:53Z  
Rating: moderate  
References:

  * bsc#1279898
  * bsc#1280019

  
Cross-References:

  * CVE-2026-45793
  * CVE-2026-59944
  * CVE-2026-59947

  
CVSS scores:

  * CVE-2026-45793 ( SUSE ):  5.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:N
  * CVE-2026-45793 ( NVD ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:N
  * CVE-2026-59944 ( SUSE ):  6.9
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:P/VC:H/VI:L/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-59944 ( SUSE ):  6.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:L/A:N
  * CVE-2026-59944 ( NVD ):  6.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:L/A:N
  * CVE-2026-59947 ( SUSE ):  5.7
    CVSS:4.0/AV:L/AC:H/AT:N/PR:L/UI:N/VC:H/VI:N/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-59947 ( SUSE ):  4.7 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:N
  * CVE-2026-59947 ( NVD ):  4.7 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:N

  
Affected Products:

  * openSUSE Leap 15.6
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP7
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 15 SP7
  * Web and Scripting Module 15-SP7

  
  
An update that solves three vulnerabilities can now be installed.

## Description:

This update for php-composer2 fixes the following issues:

  * CVE-2026-59944: path traversal and link following issue can make files world
    readable and executable (bsc#1279898).

## Patch Instructions:

To install this SUSE update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like
YaST online_update or "zypper patch".  
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:

  * openSUSE Leap 15.6  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-2026-4288

  * Web and Scripting Module 15-SP7  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Web-Scripting-15-SP7-2026-4288

## Package List:

  * openSUSE Leap 15.6 (noarch)
    * php-composer2-2.6.4-150600.3.23.1
  * Web and Scripting Module 15-SP7 (noarch)
    * php-composer2-2.6.4-150600.3.23.1

## References:

  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-45793.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-59944.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-59947.html
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1279898
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1280019

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.suse.com/pipermail/sle-security-updates/attachments/20260922/c9142070/attachment.htm>


More information about the sle-security-updates mailing list