SUSE-SU-2026:4379-1: important: Security update for wireshark

SLE-SECURITY-UPDATES null at suse.de
Mon Sep 28 20:34:31 UTC 2026


# Security update for wireshark

Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2026:4379-1  
Release Date: 2026-09-28T15:17:53Z  
Rating: important  
References:

  * bsc#1275279
  * bsc#1275280
  * bsc#1275281
  * bsc#1275828
  * bsc#1275829
  * bsc#1275831
  * bsc#1275832
  * bsc#1275833
  * bsc#1275834
  * bsc#1275835
  * bsc#1275836
  * bsc#1275838
  * bsc#1275839
  * bsc#1275840
  * bsc#1275841
  * bsc#1275842
  * bsc#1275843
  * bsc#1275844
  * bsc#1275845
  * bsc#1275846
  * bsc#1275847
  * bsc#1275848
  * bsc#1275849
  * bsc#1275850
  * bsc#1275851
  * bsc#1275852
  * bsc#1275853
  * bsc#1275854

  
Cross-References:

  * CVE-2026-19694
  * CVE-2026-19695
  * CVE-2026-19696
  * CVE-2026-76879
  * CVE-2026-76880
  * CVE-2026-76881
  * CVE-2026-76882
  * CVE-2026-76883
  * CVE-2026-76884
  * CVE-2026-76885
  * CVE-2026-76886
  * CVE-2026-76887
  * CVE-2026-76888
  * CVE-2026-76889
  * CVE-2026-76890
  * CVE-2026-76891
  * CVE-2026-76917
  * CVE-2026-76918
  * CVE-2026-76919
  * CVE-2026-76920
  * CVE-2026-76921
  * CVE-2026-76922
  * CVE-2026-76923
  * CVE-2026-76924
  * CVE-2026-76926
  * CVE-2026-76927
  * CVE-2026-76928
  * CVE-2026-76929

  
CVSS scores:

  * CVE-2026-19694 ( SUSE ):  5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-19694 ( NVD ):  4.7 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-19694 ( NVD ):  5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-19695 ( SUSE ):  5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-19695 ( NVD ):  4.7 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-19695 ( NVD ):  5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-19696 ( SUSE ):  5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-19696 ( NVD ):  5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-19696 ( NVD ):  6.6 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:L/I:L/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76879 ( SUSE ):  5.9 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76879 ( NVD ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76880 ( SUSE ):  5.9 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76880 ( NVD ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76881 ( SUSE ):  4.7 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76881 ( NVD ):  4.7 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76881 ( NVD ):  5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76882 ( SUSE ):  4.7 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76882 ( NVD ):  4.7 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76882 ( NVD ):  5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76883 ( SUSE ):  4.7 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76883 ( NVD ):  5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76883 ( NVD ):  4.7 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76884 ( SUSE ):  3.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:L
  * CVE-2026-76884 ( NVD ):  3.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:L
  * CVE-2026-76884 ( NVD ):  6.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76885 ( SUSE ):  3.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:L
  * CVE-2026-76885 ( NVD ):  3.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:L
  * CVE-2026-76885 ( NVD ):  6.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76886 ( SUSE ):  5.9 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76886 ( NVD ):  8.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76886 ( NVD ):  9.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76887 ( SUSE ):  3.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:L
  * CVE-2026-76887 ( NVD ):  3.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:L
  * CVE-2026-76887 ( NVD ):  6.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76888 ( SUSE ):  3.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:L
  * CVE-2026-76888 ( NVD ):  3.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:L
  * CVE-2026-76888 ( NVD ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76889 ( SUSE ):  4.7 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76889 ( NVD ):  4.7 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76889 ( NVD ):  5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76890 ( SUSE ):  3.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:L
  * CVE-2026-76890 ( NVD ):  6.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76890 ( NVD ):  3.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:L
  * CVE-2026-76891 ( SUSE ):  3.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:L
  * CVE-2026-76891 ( NVD ):  3.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:L
  * CVE-2026-76891 ( NVD ):  6.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76917 ( SUSE ):  5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76917 ( NVD ):  5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76918 ( SUSE ):  5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76918 ( NVD ):  5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76919 ( SUSE ):  5.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:L
  * CVE-2026-76919 ( NVD ):  5.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:L
  * CVE-2026-76919 ( NVD ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76920 ( SUSE ):  4.7 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76920 ( NVD ):  4.7 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76920 ( NVD ):  5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76921 ( SUSE ):  5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76921 ( NVD ):  5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76922 ( SUSE ):  5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76922 ( NVD ):  5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76923 ( SUSE ):  5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76923 ( NVD ):  5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76924 ( SUSE ):  5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76924 ( NVD ):  5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76926 ( SUSE ):  3.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:L
  * CVE-2026-76926 ( NVD ):  3.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:L
  * CVE-2026-76926 ( NVD ):  6.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76927 ( SUSE ):  4.7 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76927 ( NVD ):  4.7 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76927 ( NVD ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76928 ( SUSE ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76928 ( NVD ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76929 ( SUSE ):  4.7 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76929 ( NVD ):  4.7 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-76929 ( NVD ):  5.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H

  
Affected Products:

  * Basesystem Module 15-SP7
  * Desktop Applications Module 15-SP7
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 15 SP7
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Real Time 15 SP7
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP7
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 15 SP7

  
  
An update that solves 28 vulnerabilities can now be installed.

## Description:

This update for wireshark fixes the following issues:

Update to Wireshark 4.6.8:

  * CVE-2026-19694: TTX Logger file parser crash (bsc#1275279).
  * CVE-2026-19695: Gammu DCT3 trace file parser crash (bsc#1275280).
  * CVE-2026-19696: Ixia IxVeriWave and Vector Informatik BLF file parser
    crashes on Windows (bsc#1275281).
  * CVE-2026-76879: C12.22 protocol dissector crash (bsc#1275828).
  * CVE-2026-76880: RRC protocol dissector crash (bsc#1275829).
  * CVE-2026-76881: CMS protocol dissector crash (bsc#1275831).
  * CVE-2026-76882: Bluetooth Attribute Protocol dissector crash (bsc#1275832).
  * CVE-2026-76883: Catapult DCT2000 file parser crash (bsc#1275833).
  * CVE-2026-76884: ERF file parser crash (bsc#1275834).
  * CVE-2026-76885: Tektronix K12xx file parser crash (bsc#1275835).
  * CVE-2026-76886: C12.22 protocol dissector crash (bsc#1275836).
  * CVE-2026-76887: Dissection engine reassembly crash (bsc#1275838).
  * CVE-2026-76888: RDP protocol dissector crash (bsc#1275839).
  * CVE-2026-76889: UMTS FP protocol dissector crash (bsc#1275840).
  * CVE-2026-76890: Sharkd utility crash (bsc#1275841).
  * CVE-2026-76891: Sharkd utility crash (bsc#1275844).
  * CVE-2026-76917: Bluetooth AVRCP Profile (bsc#1275842).
  * CVE-2026-76918: SSH protocol dissector crash (bsc#1275843).
  * CVE-2026-76919: ESS protocol dissector crash (bsc#1275845).
  * CVE-2026-76920: 3gpp phone log file parser crash (bsc#1275846).
  * CVE-2026-76921: CMS protocol dissector crash (bsc#1275847).
  * CVE-2026-76922: Bluetooth BR/EDR FHS protocol dissector crash (bsc#1275848).
  * CVE-2026-76923: Bluetooth HFP Profile protocol dissector crash
    (bsc#1275849).
  * CVE-2026-76924: Kerberos protocol dissector crash (bsc#1275850).
  * CVE-2026-76926: BUSMASTER file parser abnormal exit (bsc#1275851).
  * CVE-2026-76927: H.245 protocol dissector crash (bsc#1275852).
  * CVE-2026-76928: X.509IF protocol dissector crash (bsc#1275853).
  * CVE-2026-76929: Pcapng file parser crash (bsc#1275854).

Many more features, bug fixes and updated protocol support as listed in:
https://www.wireshark.org/docs/relnotes/wireshark-4.6.8.html

## Patch Instructions:

To install this SUSE update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like
YaST online_update or "zypper patch".  
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:

  * Basesystem Module 15-SP7  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Basesystem-15-SP7-2026-4379

  * Desktop Applications Module 15-SP7  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Desktop-Applications-15-SP7-2026-4379

## Package List:

  * Basesystem Module 15-SP7 (aarch64 ppc64le s390x x86_64)
    * libwireshark19-4.6.8-150700.21.14.1
    * libwiretap16-4.6.8-150700.21.14.1
    * wireshark-debuginfo-4.6.8-150700.21.14.1
    * libwireshark19-debuginfo-4.6.8-150700.21.14.1
    * wireshark-debugsource-4.6.8-150700.21.14.1
    * wireshark-4.6.8-150700.21.14.1
    * libwsutil17-4.6.8-150700.21.14.1
    * libwsutil17-debuginfo-4.6.8-150700.21.14.1
    * libwiretap16-debuginfo-4.6.8-150700.21.14.1
  * Desktop Applications Module 15-SP7 (aarch64 ppc64le s390x x86_64)
    * wireshark-ui-qt-4.6.8-150700.21.14.1
    * wireshark-ui-qt-debuginfo-4.6.8-150700.21.14.1
    * wireshark-devel-4.6.8-150700.21.14.1
    * wireshark-debuginfo-4.6.8-150700.21.14.1
    * wireshark-debugsource-4.6.8-150700.21.14.1

## References:

  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-19694.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-19695.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-19696.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-76879.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-76880.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-76881.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-76882.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-76883.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-76884.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-76885.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-76886.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-76887.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-76888.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-76889.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-76890.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-76891.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-76917.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-76918.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-76919.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-76920.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-76921.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-76922.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-76923.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-76924.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-76926.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-76927.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-76928.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-76929.html
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1275279
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1275280
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1275281
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1275828
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1275829
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1275831
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1275832
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1275833
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1275834
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1275835
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1275836
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1275838
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1275839
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1275840
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1275841
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1275842
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1275843
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1275844
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1275845
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1275846
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1275847
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1275848
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1275849
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1275850
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1275851
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1275852
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1275853
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1275854

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.suse.com/pipermail/sle-security-updates/attachments/20260928/5d681f1a/attachment.htm>


More information about the sle-security-updates mailing list