SUSE-SU-2026:4365-1: moderate: Security update for python-soupsieve

SLE-SECURITY-UPDATES null at suse.de
Mon Sep 28 20:50:45 UTC 2026


# Security update for python-soupsieve

Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2026:4365-1  
Release Date: 2026-09-28T15:01:26Z  
Rating: moderate  
References:

  * bsc#1281119
  * bsc#1281120

  
Cross-References:

  * CVE-2026-85999
  * CVE-2026-86000

  
CVSS scores:

  * CVE-2026-85999 ( SUSE ):  5.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:L
  * CVE-2026-85999 ( NVD ):  5.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:L
  * CVE-2026-86000 ( SUSE ):  5.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:L
  * CVE-2026-86000 ( NVD ):  5.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:L

  
Affected Products:

  * openSUSE Leap 15.6
  * Python 3 Module 15-SP7
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 15 SP7
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP7
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 15 SP7

  
  
An update that solves two vulnerabilities can now be installed.

## Description:

This update for python-soupsieve fixes the following issues:

  * CVE-2026-85999: quadratic complexity when running the whitespace/comment
    trimming regex `RE_WS_END` can lead to DoS (bsc#1281119).
  * CVE-2026-86000: quadratic complexity when running the `IDENTIFIER` / `VALUE`
    selector sub-patterns can lead to a DoS (bsc#1281120).

## Patch Instructions:

To install this SUSE update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like
YaST online_update or "zypper patch".  
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:

  * openSUSE Leap 15.6  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-2026-4365

  * Python 3 Module 15-SP7  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Python3-15-SP7-2026-4365

## Package List:

  * openSUSE Leap 15.6 (noarch)
    * python311-soupsieve-2.5-150600.3.6.1
  * Python 3 Module 15-SP7 (noarch)
    * python311-soupsieve-2.5-150600.3.6.1

## References:

  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-85999.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-86000.html
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1281119
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1281120

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.suse.com/pipermail/sle-security-updates/attachments/20260928/283904a7/attachment.htm>


More information about the sle-security-updates mailing list