SUSE-SU-2026:23924-1: important: Security update for google-osconfig-agent
SLE-SECURITY-UPDATES
null at suse.de
Wed Sep 30 08:33:22 UTC 2026
# Security update for google-osconfig-agent
Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2026:23924-1
Release Date: 2026-09-18T07:10:28Z
Rating: important
References:
* bsc#1276722
* bsc#1278597
Cross-References:
* CVE-2026-41178
* CVE-2026-56854
* CVE-2026-56855
* CVE-2026-78662
CVSS scores:
* CVE-2026-41178 ( SUSE ): 5.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:L
* CVE-2026-41178 ( NVD ): 5.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:L
* CVE-2026-56854 ( SUSE ): 8.6
CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:L/UI:N/VC:H/VI:H/VA:N/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
* CVE-2026-56854 ( SUSE ): 8.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:N
* CVE-2026-56854 ( NVD ): 7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:N
* CVE-2026-56855 ( SUSE ): 8.7
CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
* CVE-2026-56855 ( SUSE ): 7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
* CVE-2026-56855 ( NVD ): 7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
* CVE-2026-78662 ( SUSE ): 8.7
CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
* CVE-2026-78662 ( SUSE ): 7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:N
* CVE-2026-78662 ( NVD ): 7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:N
Affected Products:
* SUSE Linux Micro 6.1
An update that solves four vulnerabilities can now be installed.
## Description:
This update for google-osconfig-agent fixes the following issues:
* CVE-2026-41178: go.opentelemetry.io/otel/baggage: no rejection of raw-length
headers in baggage parsing allows for DoS via oversized inputs
(bsc#1276722).
* CVE-2026-56854,CVE-2026-56855,CVE-2026-78662: golang.org/x/crypto/ssh:
authentication bypass and deadlocks in the crypto/ssh library (bsc#1278597).
Changes for google-osconfig-agent:
* Update to version 20260911.00
* Add support for all possible SCALIBR os extractor for linux (#1052)
## Patch Instructions:
To install this SUSE update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like
YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
* SUSE Linux Micro 6.1
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Micro-6.1-737
## Package List:
* SUSE Linux Micro 6.1 (aarch64 ppc64le s390x x86_64)
* google-osconfig-agent-20260911.00-slfo.1.1_1.1
* google-osconfig-agent-debuginfo-20260911.00-slfo.1.1_1.1
## References:
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-41178.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-56854.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-56855.html
* https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-78662.html
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1276722
* https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1278597
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.suse.com/pipermail/sle-security-updates/attachments/20260930/34534af0/attachment.htm>
More information about the sle-security-updates
mailing list