SUSE-RU-2016:1156-1: Recommended update for python-boto3, python-botocore
sle-updates at lists.suse.com
sle-updates at lists.suse.com
Tue Apr 26 08:13:53 MDT 2016
SUSE Recommended Update: Recommended update for python-boto3, python-botocore
Announcement ID: SUSE-RU-2016:1156-1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Public Cloud 12
An update that has one recommended fix can now be installed.
This update provides newer versions of python-boto3 and python-botocore,
which bring several fixes and enhancements.
python-boto3 (updated to version 1.3.0):
- Session: Add get_available_partitions and get_available_regions methods
to determine partitions and a service's available regions.
- EC2: Update resource model to include Route resources.
- Resources: Properly alias identifiers which are also in the shape.
- S3: Forward extra_args when using multipart downloads.
- EC2: Add delete_tags() action to Instance resource.
- Session: Add region_name property on session.
- S3: Fix issue with hanging downloads.
python-botocore (updated to version 1.4.10):
- Lambda: Added support for setting the function runtime as nodejs4.3, as
well as updating function configuration to set the runtime.
- DS: Added support for Directory Service Conditional Forwarder APIs.
- Elasticbeanstalk: Adds support for three additional elements in AWS
Elasticbeanstalk's DescribeInstancesHealthResponse: Deployment,
AvailabilityZone, and InstanceType. Additionally adds support for
increased EnvironmentName length from 23 to 40.
- APIGateway: Added support for API Import.
- Route53: Added support for metric-based health checks and regional
- STS: Added support for GetCallerIdentity, which returns details about
the credentials used to make the API call. The details include name and
account, as well as the type of entity making the call, such as an IAM
user vs. federated user.
- S3: Added support for VersionId in PutObjectAcl.
- DeviceFarm: Add support to pay a flat monthly fee for unlimited testing
of your Android and iOS apps with AWS Device Farm device slots
- RDS: Add support for customizing the order in which Aurora Replicas are
promoted to primary instance during a failover.
- MeteringMarketplace: The AWS Marketplace Metering Service enables
sellers to price their products along new pricing dimensions.
- S3: Added support for delete marker and abort multipart upload lifecycle
- IOT: Added support for Amazon Elasticsearch Service and Amazon
Cloudwatch actions for the AWS IoT rules engine.
- CloudHSM: Added support for tagging resources.
- DMS: Added support for AWS Database Migration Service.
- SES: Added support for white-labeling.
- CodeDeploy: Added support for BatchGetDeploymentGroups.
- Config: Moved Config to its own class to boost import speed.
- EC2: Add support for VPC peering with security groups.
- DirectoryService: Add SNS event notification support.
- Regions: Add ability to list regions and endpoints for services in a
- DynamoDB: Add support for DescribeLimits.
- APIGateway: Add support for TestInvokeAuthorizer and
- CloudSearchDomain: Add support for stats.
- StorageGateway: Added support for user-supplied barcodes.
- CodeDeploy: Added support for setting up triggers for a deployment group.
- RDS: Added support for Cross-account Encrypted (KMS) snapshot sharing.
- EMR: Added support for adding EBS storage to EMR instances.
For a comprehensive list of changes please refer to the package's change
To install this SUSE Recommended Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Public Cloud 12:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Public-Cloud-12-2016-679=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use "zypper patch".
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Public Cloud 12 (noarch):
More information about the sle-updates