SUSE-RU-2020:0550-1: moderate: Recommended update for go1.14
sle-updates at lists.suse.com
sle-updates at lists.suse.com
Sat Feb 29 13:13:13 MST 2020
SUSE Recommended Update: Recommended update for go1.14
Announcement ID: SUSE-RU-2020:0550-1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Open Buildservice Development Tools 15-SP1
An update that has one recommended fix can now be installed.
This update for go1.14 fixes the following issues:
go1.14 (released 2020-02-25) is a major release of Go. (bsc#1164903)
go1.14.x minor releases will be provided through February 2021.
Most changes are in the implementation of the toolchain, runtime, and
libraries. As always, the release maintains the Go 1 promise
of compatibility. We expect almost all Go programs to continue to compile
and run as before.
* See release notes https://golang.org/doc/go1.14. Excerpts relevant to
OBS environment and for SUSE/openSUSE follow:
* Module support in the go command is now ready for production use, and we
encourage all users to migrate to Go modules for dependency management.
* RISC-V experimental support for 64-bit RISC-V on Linux (GOOS=linux,
GOARCH=riscv64). Be aware that performance, assembly syntax stability,
and possibly correctness are a work in progress.
* When the main module contains a top-level vendor directory and its
go.mod file specifies go 1.14 or higher, the go command now defaults to
-mod=vendor for operations that accept that flag. A new value for that
flag, -mod=mod, causes the go command to instead load modules from the
module cache (as when no vendor directory is present).
* When -mod=vendor is set (explicitly or by default), the go command now
verifies that the main module's vendor/modules.txt file is consistent
with its go.mod file.
* go list -m no longer silently omits transitive dependencies that do not
provide packages in the vendor directory. It now fails explicitly if
-mod=vendor is set and information is requested for a module not
mentioned in vendor/modules.txt.
* The go get command no longer accepts the -mod flag. Previously, the
flag's setting either was ignored or caused the build to fail.
* mod=readonly is now set by default when the go.mod file is read-only and
no top-level vendor directory is present.
* modcacherw is a new flag that instructs the go command to leave
newly-created directories in the module cache at their default
permissions rather than making them read-only. The use of this flag
makes it more likely that tests or other tools will accidentally add
files not included in the module's verified checksum. However, it allows
the use of rm -rf (instead of go clean -modcache) to remove the module
* modfile=file is a new flag that instructs the go command to read (and
possibly write) an alternate go.mod file instead of the one in the
module root directory. A file named go.mod must still be present in
order to determine the module root directory, but it is not accessed.
When -modfile is specified, an alternate go.sum file is also used: its
path is derived from the -modfile flag by trimming the .mod extension
and appending .sum.
* packaging: drop patch gcc9-rsp-clobber.patch now merged in go1.14
* packaging: update version of LLVM compiler-rt
* packaging: update _service definitions
* packaging: update %doc entries rm devel/ add modules.md
* doc: rename HTML element IDs to avoid duplicates
* net: don't check LookupHost error in TestLookupNullByte
* runtime: don't treat SIGURG as a bad signal
* internal/bytealg: fix riscv64 offset names
* doc: remove paragraph break for upgrading to modules
* syscall: Revert "release a js.Func object in fsCall"
* doc/go1.14: note that all changes to the standard library are minor
* doc/go1.14: fix broken links
* doc/go1.14: remove TODO about Solaris port
To install this SUSE Recommended Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods
like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Open Buildservice Development Tools 15-SP1:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Development-Tools-OBS-15-SP1-2020-550=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Open Buildservice Development Tools 15-SP1 (aarch64 ppc64le s390x x86_64):
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Open Buildservice Development Tools 15-SP1 (x86_64):
More information about the sle-updates