SUSE-SU-2026:4597-1: important: Security update for bind

SUSE-MANAGER-UPDATES null at suse.de
Fri Oct 9 12:30:34 UTC 2026


# Security update for bind

Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2026:4597-1  
Release Date: 2026-10-08T22:03:19Z  
Rating: important  
References:

  * bsc#1280433
  * bsc#1280435
  * bsc#1280443

  
Cross-References:

  * CVE-2026-19666
  * CVE-2026-19667
  * CVE-2026-80274

  
CVSS scores:

  * CVE-2026-19666 ( SUSE ):  8.7
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-19666 ( SUSE ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-19666 ( NVD ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-19667 ( SUSE ):  8.7
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-19667 ( SUSE ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-19667 ( NVD ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-80274 ( SUSE ):  8.7
    CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:L/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:N/VI:N/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-80274 ( SUSE ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
  * CVE-2026-80274 ( NVD ):  7.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H

  
Affected Products:

  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Micro 5.0
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Micro 5.1
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Micro 5.2
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Micro 5.3
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Micro 5.4
  * SUSE Linux Enterprise Micro 5.5
  * SUSE Multi-Linux Manager Client Tools for SLE Micro 5

  
  
An update that solves three vulnerabilities can now be installed.

## Description:

This update for bind fixes the following issues:

  * CVE-2026-19666: Use-after-free in query_addnoqnameproof() via the DNS64
    filter64 path (bsc#1280433).
  * CVE-2026-19667: Remote assertion failure via 16-bit length truncation in
    dns_ncache_add() (bsc#1280435).
  * CVE-2026-80274: Validating resolver can abort while caching a mismatched
    NOQNAME proof (bsc#1280443).

## Patch Instructions:

To install this SUSE update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like
YaST online_update or "zypper patch".  
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:

  * SUSE Multi-Linux Manager Client Tools for SLE Micro 5  
    zypper in -t patch SUSE-MultiLinuxManagerTools-SLE-Micro-5-2026-4597

## Package List:

  * SUSE Multi-Linux Manager Client Tools for SLE Micro 5 (aarch64 ppc64le s390x
    x86_64)
    * libisc1606-debuginfo-9.16.6-150000.12.94.1
    * libbind9-1600-debuginfo-9.16.6-150000.12.94.1
    * libisccc1600-debuginfo-9.16.6-150000.12.94.1
    * libisccc1600-9.16.6-150000.12.94.1
    * libns1604-debuginfo-9.16.6-150000.12.94.1
    * libirs1601-9.16.6-150000.12.94.1
    * bind-debuginfo-9.16.6-150000.12.94.1
    * bind-debugsource-9.16.6-150000.12.94.1
    * libisccfg1600-9.16.6-150000.12.94.1
    * libns1604-9.16.6-150000.12.94.1
    * libdns1605-debuginfo-9.16.6-150000.12.94.1
    * libirs1601-debuginfo-9.16.6-150000.12.94.1
    * bind-utils-debuginfo-9.16.6-150000.12.94.1
    * libisccfg1600-debuginfo-9.16.6-150000.12.94.1
    * libisc1606-9.16.6-150000.12.94.1
    * libbind9-1600-9.16.6-150000.12.94.1
    * libdns1605-9.16.6-150000.12.94.1
    * bind-utils-9.16.6-150000.12.94.1
  * SUSE Multi-Linux Manager Client Tools for SLE Micro 5 (noarch)
    * python3-bind-9.16.6-150000.12.94.1

## References:

  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-19666.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-19667.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-80274.html
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1280433
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1280435
  * https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1280443

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.suse.com/pipermail/suma-updates/attachments/20261009/64f1460a/attachment.htm>


More information about the suma-updates mailing list