RHSA-2026:71487: Critical: SUSE Liberty Linux 9 security update for unbound

Update Advisories for SUSE Liberty Linux suse-liberty-linux-updates at lists.suse.com
Sat Sep 26 15:07:12 UTC 2026


# security update for unbound

Announcement ID: RHSA-2026:71487
Rating: Critical

Cross-References:

  * CVE-2026-81634
  * CVE-2026-81642
  * CVE-2026-82717



CVSS scores:

  * CVE-2026-81634 ( SUSE ): 8.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-81634 ( SUSE ): 9.2 CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:H/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:H/VI:H/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-81642 ( SUSE ): 8.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-81642 ( SUSE ): 9.2 CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:H/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:H/VI:H/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N
  * CVE-2026-82717 ( SUSE ): 8.1 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
  * CVE-2026-82717 ( SUSE ): 9.2 CVSS:4.0/AV:N/AC:H/AT:N/PR:N/UI:N/VC:H/VI:H/VA:H/SC:N/SI:N/SA:N

Affected Products:

  * SUSE Liberty Linux 9


An update that solves 3 vulnerabilities can now be installed.

## Description:

This security update provides a functional equivalent of RHSA-2026:71487.
The original Red Hat(R) advisory is available from the Red Hat web site at
https://access.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2026:71487.


## Package List:

  * SUSE Liberty Linux 9:
    * python3-unbound 1.24.2-3.el9_8.8
    * unbound 1.24.2-3.el9_8.8
    * unbound-devel 1.24.2-3.el9_8.8
    * unbound-dracut 1.24.2-3.el9_8.8
    * unbound-libs 1.24.2-3.el9_8.8

## References:

  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-81634.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-81642.html
  * https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2026-82717.html


More information about the suse-liberty-linux-updates mailing list