[caasp-beta] [ANNOUNCE] SUSE CaaS Platform 3 Beta 2 is available!
SUSE Beta Program
beta-programs at lists.suse.com
Fri May 18 11:43:18 MDT 2018
We are happy to announce the SUSE Container as a Service Platform 3 Beta 2:
Please check out our dedicated SUSE CaaS Platform Beta web page, where you
will find all the information needed around SUSE CaaS Platform Beta.
What’s New with SUSE CaaS Platform 3 Beta?
- Ability to run offline deployments with a proxy registry
- Enhanced performance, extensibility, and hardware support with Kubernetes 1.9
and SUSE MicroOS updates
- Enhanced debugging tools delivered via a new Toolchain module for SUSE CaaS
Platform with a registered system
- There is now an option in Velum to retry failed orchestrations
- We enabled Node removal on a bootstrapped cluster in our dashboard Velum
Fixed in Beta 2
- Node Removal failures
- (bsc#1091361) Worker node removal fails (not forced removal) - worker is
not etcd member
- (bsc#1092614) Node removal fails: crio.stop not available on the salt
- (bsc#1091077) L3: Cluster bootstrap fails in macro get_primary_iface for all
master and worker nodes
- (bsc#1091419) UI CPI config - bootstrap fails
- (bsc#1091843) When updating from 2.0 the `update all nodes` link disappears
- (bsc#1090841) updates can break when container-feeder skips loading images
- (bsc#1092140) opting out of PodSecurityPolicy makes bootstrap fail
Things to consider for this Beta?
Your DHCP server should provide resolveable hostnames. If this is not the case
like with libvirt/KVM, you should consider providing one yourself by appending
this kernel parameter "hostname=HOSTNAME" during installation.
However, the kubeconfig file downloaded from the Dashboard could contain an
incorrect "server" hostname that should be replaced with the IP address of your
For more information read: https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Linuxrc#Network_Configuration
If you install via autoyast or one of the provided VMX beta images (KVM, Xen,
VMware,...) please set a password or SSH key via cloud-init to be able to login.
Have fun beta testing!
Your SUSE CaaS Platform Team
Please refer to our dedicated SUSE CaaSP Beta Program webpage for any general
information. However, do not hesitate to contact us at
beta-programs at lists.suse.com if you have any questions.
You received this email because you're signed up to get updates from us.
Please send an email to beta-programs at lists.suse.com if you want to
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the caasp-beta