[sle-beta] Heads up if you use openafs at all

Mike Marion mmarion at qualcomm.com
Wed Nov 8 08:37:14 MST 2017

On Wed, Nov 08, 2017 at 09:21:22AM +0000, Mel Gorman wrote:

> Ultimately, we expect drivers using the function to convert as the
> patches in question are expected to be included in 4.15. There are
> numerous potential workarounds. One could add a simple
>
> #define page_cache_alloc_cold(x) page_cache_alloc(x)

Thanks, I was going to try something like that.  I just wanted to warn
people that might also be compiling things with kernel modules so they
wouldn't have to spend the time finding the cause.  I assume openafs'
module bits will be updated after the mainline kernel accepts the
change.

--
Mike Marion-Unix SysAdmin/Sr. Staff IT Engineer-http://www.qualcomm.com