[sle-beta] Heads up if you use openafs at all

Mike Marion mmarion at qualcomm.com
Wed Nov 8 09:40:32 MST 2017

On Wed, Nov 08, 2017 at 03:37:14PM +0000, Mike Marion wrote:

> Thanks, I was going to try something like that.  I just wanted to warn
> people that might also be compiling things with kernel modules so they
> wouldn't have to spend the time finding the cause.  I assume openafs'
> module bits will be updated after the mainline kernel accepts the
> change.

Turns out.. ditto for
patches.suse/mm-pagevec-remove-cold-parameter-for-pagevecs.patch
Which removes the int cold parameter.  This is an easy search and
replace of the ,0 in any calls though.  I see why this was made as well
because every call I see anywhere is always ,0 so, as the patch says:
  The parameter is removed simply because it is a bit stupid to have a
  useless parameter copied everywhere.

I love the brutal honesty. :)

--
Mike Marion-Unix SysAdmin/Sr. Staff IT Engineer-http://www.qualcomm.com