[sle-beta] Beta3 post install software installation

Joe Doupnik jrd at netlab1.net
Wed Nov 29 12:55:41 MST 2017

     Addendum to the msg below, dealing with YaST this time.
     On the "second" machine built without adjustments, after taking a
VMware snapshot I have asked YaST to install Openssl v1.1. Selecting
just libopenssl1_1_0 worked, but while there adding either (or both)
openssl-1_1_0 or libopenssl-1_1_0-devel produces a conflict message from
YaST where it requires one to remove the present v1.0.2l files and
remove pesign-obs-integration. That's the part of the problem.
     YaST should allow libopenssl1_1_0 to enter without complaint as
there is no conflict. When the -devel material is added then it should
offer to remove only the existing/conflicting -devel RPM. That way one
can flip flop -devel's to build as desired. Futzing with the libssl.so
symlink is another weak link in the chain and that should be handled
more gracefully than at present.
     Thus at this moment in affairs openssl v1.1 is a no-go item in
SLES. Golly, we need a Security channel again to have selected apps
which are built for v1.1. Right, just what you wanted to hear. Sorry
about that.
     Thanks,
     Joe D.