[sle-beta] [ANNOUNCE] SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 Service Pack 4 is Generally Available

SUSE Beta Program beta-programs at lists.suse.com
Fri Dec 14 06:51:17 MST 2018

SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 Service Pack 4 is now officially released! And this
mark the end of our 12 SP4 Public Beta Program for:

  SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES),
  SUSE Linux Enterprise Server For SAP (SLES for SAP),
  SUSE Linux Enterprise Just Enough Operating System (JeOS),
  SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop (SLED),
  SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability (SLEHA),
  SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension (SLEWE),
  and SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit (SLESDK).

The public announcement from our Marketing team can be found here[1].

== End of SLE 12 SP4 Beta Program

Our Beta testers community (YOU!) have opened 82 bugs in total, and we have
created around 200 SLES builds (more than 500 for all SLE products) from Alpha1
to Gold Master.
What does the end of SLE 12 SP4 Beta Program means for your existing issues?:

1) Issues reported on previous beta milestones (like RC) which do not have a
fix included in GM will be considered to be fixed by Maintenance Updates post
release of the final version of SLE 12 SP4.
2) New bug report for SLE 12 SP4 should now be made through our official
support system on https://scc.suse.com/support/requests.

== Your feedback matters

Did you know that more than 100 SUSE employees are subscribed to our
sle-beta at lists.suse.com Mailing List?
And of course our Product Managers, Project Managers, Release Managers, Quality
Assurance, Maintenance, Support, Documentation teams are reading sle-beta emails
and bugs.

So multiple teams can work on beta issue, our codes will be fixed by our
engineering team but our QA teams, might found valuable information and create
new QA tests in parallel of the engineering work.

Therefore we want to fix bugs but also create and setup manual QA or automated
openQA tests to:
1) Spot any reappearence of the issue directly in our internal build system,
2) Opening the test coverage to all supported SLE versions (SLE 12 SPX and SLE
15 SPX), which are of course important for our migration test cases.

Last but not least, you can always contact us privately via
beta-programs at lists.suse.com. This is our SUSE internal only mailing list for
anything related to any SUSE Beta Program.

== Brace yourself, SLE 15 SP1 is coming

We are closing the SLE 12 SP4 Public Beta Program but we will open the SLE 15
SP1 Public Beta Program very soon.

Stay in touch!

== More informations
SLE Beta Page[1]
Release Notes[3]

We are thankful for your support in trying out our beta products and we welcome
your feedback.

We hope that beta testing SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 Service Pack 4 fulfilled your
needs and that we have provided the necessary help for your project.

Have fun beta testing!

  Your SUSE Linux Enterprise Team

  Please refer to our dedicated SLE Beta Program webpage[1] for any general
  information. However, do not hesitate to contact us at
  beta-programs at lists.suse.com if you have any questions.

  You received this email because you're signed up to get updates from us.
  Please send an email to beta-programs at lists.suse.com if you want to
  unsubscribe.

[1]https://www.suse.com/c/suse-linux-enterprise-12-service-pack-4-is-generally-available/
[2]https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta/