[sle-beta] Issues with Migration SLES12 SP-3 to SP-4 Beta1

Waite, Dick (External) Dick.Waite at softwareag.com
Sun Jul 29 09:58:12 MDT 2018

Evening Oliver,

The two text files were run on SP-3 just to check there was an issue there. Most of my test virtual machines are clones of real working machines, being used by QE, service and dev. staff, they are not idle test machines. I did use a clean machine for the first test, which ran grand. I do try to use good old work environments to make sure they too will migrate. I did have to remove the NCC from /etc/zypp/credentials.d as one has too for SLES15. I also have to clean up /etc/tmpfiles.d/tmp.conf...

Some of these machines started life in SLES10 so the have a good history... Like are our applications Adabas, now over 40 years old, some customers will not "install new", so we do try to Migrate / Update as much as possible..

I'll run some more tomorrow, but I think this is looking good so far

Just an update on Bugzilla, I did try again while writing this and I'm getting the same issues as this morning. I did create a few bugs with SLES12 SP-3 and SLES15 SP-0 but:
"Sorry, either the product Beta SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP4 does not exist or you aren't authorized to enter a bug into it" has a red background.... Maybe a task for someone on Monday.

Many thanks for your update.

__R