[sle-beta] SLES12 SP4 Beta1 -- Looking good

Waite, Dick (External) Dick.Waite at softwareag.com
Tue Jul 31 22:27:07 MDT 2018

Grand Sunny Morning,

Not see a lot of chatter on the list so I thought I'd give some input on Beta1, with SLES15 often quite -ve, but with SLES12 SP4 Beta1 has been grand.

I have used Migration for all my tests, now about a dozen machines and all have Migrated and tested grand.

I have Migrated machines that with SLES15 would not move an inch... Issues with PAM, issues with tmp.conf, issues with NCC, but when Migrating these machines with Beta1, NO ISSUES, all went to Beta1 and ran and ran and ran.

So SUSE SLES12 SP4 Beta team, very well done, lets go to GMC  now ;o) and to the SLES15 team, have a word with your co-workers ...

Wishing all a very good day.

__R

Software AG – Sitz/Registered office: Uhlandstraße 12, 64297 Darmstadt, Germany – Registergericht/Commercial register: Darmstadt HRB 1562 - Vorstand/Management Board: Karl-Heinz Streibich (Vorsitzender/Chairman), Eric Duffaut, Dr. Wolfram Jost, Arnd Zinnhardt, Dr. Stefan Sigg; - Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr. Andreas Bereczky - http://www.softwareag.com