[sle-beta] [ANNOUNCE] SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 Release Candidate 2 is out!
SUSE Beta Program
beta-programs at lists.suse.com
Fri Mar 23 08:24:59 MDT 2018
Here it comes! Release Candidate 1 of SUSE Linux Enterprise 15:
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES),
SUSE Linux Enterprise Just Enough Operating System(JeOS),
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop (SLED),
SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability (SLE-HA),
SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension (SLE-WE)
and SUSE Linux Enterprise High Performance Computing (SLE-HPC)
== Important Notice
When using Packages DVD to install SLE modules, please make sure to also add the
Product repository you are installing (SLES / SLED / HA / ...) from Packages DVD.
Not doing so might result in missing system roles during installation.
- Migration from SLE 12 to SLE 15:
Please refer to our new "Upgrade Guide" available as a beta documentation
- SLE 15 HPC now fully part of the SLE15 Beta Program. You can now request
Beta Registration Code for SLE 15 HPC on x86_64 and aarch64.
- OpenSSL 1.0 is no longer installed by default, all packages have been migrated
to OpenSSL 1.1. OpenSSL 1.0 will be available in Legacy module.
- We will provide Firefox 59 in replacement of Firefox 52 ESR as maintenance
update after RC2 is released. Next Firefox ESR version (60) will be integrated
in SLE15 before GM release. In the mean time, please report regressions with
current Firefox release.
- tigervnc, libvirt, apache2, yast2-firewall, yast2-network and yast http-server
better integrate with firewalld.
- drop /etc/xinetd.d directory [bsc#1084457]
- The 31-bit environment for s390 was dropped from the current media
- nginx available in the Server Application Module
- Updated SUSEConnect (0.3.8)
- Fix list-extensions to show the full SLE 15 tree [bsc#1064264]
- Enable automatic activation of recommended extensions/modules
- Automatically deregister all installed extensions/modules when deregistering
- Our Release Notes received a lot of updates
- Added packages:
adwaita-qt, container-suseconnect, cppunit, cross-nvptx-gcc7, docbook2x, docbook-utils,
emacs-apel, glm, gnome-online-miners, gom, grilo-plugins, intel-vaapi-driver, itstool,
kiwi-template-sap, libmpeg2, libqt5-qtdoc, libqt5-qtgraphicaleffects, libqt5-qtimageformats,
libqt5-qtquickcontrols, libqt5-qtscript, libqt5-qttranslations, libsmbios2, mercurial, meson,
mpich, mpitests-mpich, mpitests-mvapich2, mpitests-openmpi2, mpitests, mvapich2-psm2, nasm,
ninja, novnc, nvptx-tools, opensc, osinfo-db-tools, QGnomePlatform, raspberrypi-firmware-config,
raspberrypi-firmware-dt, raspberrypi-firmware, systemtap-headers, tidy, u-boot-rpi3, vhostmd,
wol, xdg-desktop-portal-gtk, xdg-desktop-portal, yast2-boot-server, yast2-scanner,
- Removed packages:
docbook_5, docbook5-xsl-stylesheets, ffado, ft2demos, gegl, ghostscript-cjk, gmime2_6, hdf, imap,
libavc1394, libdbus-c++, libiec61883, libsmbios, libxml++26, lua51-luajit, netcdf, openssl-1_1_0,
petsc, SuSEfirewall2, wodim, yubikey-personalization-gui
- Updated packages (selection):
- ledmon updated to 0.90 (bsc#1081125)
- libstorage-ng and mksh received a lot of bugfixes
- firewalld updated to 0.5.2
- GnuTLS updated to 3.6.2
- GnuPG updated to 2.2.5
- clamav security update (bsc#1083915)
- Thunderbird updated to 52.6
- nodejs8: npm: upgrade npm to 3.9.5
- postgresql10 updated to 10.3
- rear update to 2.3a (HA)
- vim update to 8.0.1568
=Fixed bugs in RC 2 (selection):
- A subvolume is not created for home if /home is not a separate partition and root
partition is using btrfs. This might cause data loss if rollback is used [bsc#1084261].
- Evolution (and webkit2gtk applications) crashes when used on wayland with unaccelerated
drivers (mostly VT related) [bsc#1079512]
- Kernel reports error "BUG: Bad page state in process xx" [BSC#1082743]
- No default pattern selected when installing Workstation extension on SLES [bsc#1083611]
== More information
SLE Beta Page
Your SUSE Linux Enterprise Team
== Beta Program
Please refer to our dedicated SLE Beta Program webpage for any general
information. However, do not hesitate to contact us at
beta-programs at lists.suse.com if you have any questions.
You received this email because you're signed up to get updates from us.
Please send an email to beta-programs at lists.suse.com if you want to
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the sle-beta