[sle-beta] [ANNOUNCE] SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 Release Candidate 2 is out!
dkohler at cray.com
Mon Mar 26 07:31:17 MDT 2018
Object not found! 404
From: sle-beta-bounces at lists.suse.com [mailto:sle-beta-bounces at lists.suse.com] On Behalf Of SUSE Beta Program
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2018 9:25 AM
To: sle-beta at lists.suse.com
Subject: [sle-beta] [ANNOUNCE] SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 Release Candidate 2 is out!
Having trouble viewing this email? Please check the plain text version of it with your mailer.
[Image removed by sender.]
[Image removed by sender.]<https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta/>
Here it comes! Release Candidate 2 of SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 for:
* SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES),
* SUSE Linux Enterprise Just Enough Operating System (JeOS),
* SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop (SLED),
* SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension (SLE-WE),
* SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availablility (SLE-HA)
* SUSE Linux Enterprise High Performance Computing (SLE-HPC)
When using Packages DVD to install SLE modules, please make sure to also add the Product repository you are installing (SLES / SLED / HA / ...) from Packages DVD. Not doing so might result in missing system roles during installation.
Migration from SLE 12 to SLE 15
Please refer to our new Upgrade Guide<https://susedoc.github.io/doc-sle/develop/SLES-upgrade/single-html/> available as a beta documentation
* SLE 15 HPC now fully part of the SLE15 Beta Program. You can now request Beta Registration Code for SLE 15 HPC<https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta/#faq-reg> on x86_64 and aarch64.
* OpenSSL 1.0 is no longer installed by default, all packages have been migrated to OpenSSL 1.1. OpenSSL 1.0 will be available in Legacy module.
* We will provide Firefox 59 in replacement of Firefox 52 ESR as maintenance update after RC2 is released. Next Firefox ESR version (60) will be integrated in SLE15 before GM release. In the mean time, please report regressions with current Firefox release.
* tigervnc, libvirt, apache2, yast2-firewall, yast2-network and yast http-server better integrate with firewalld.
* drop /etc/xinetd.d directory [bsc#1084457]
* The 31-bit environment for s390 was dropped from the current media
* nginx available in the Server Application Module
* Updated SUSEConnect (0.3.8)
* Fix list-extensions to show the full SLE 15 tree [bsc#1064264]
* Enable automatic activation of recommended extensions/modules
* Automatically deregister all installed extensions/modules when deregistering a system.
* Our Release Notes<https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta/#releasenotes> received a lot of updates
adwaita-qt, container-suseconnect, cppunit, cross-nvptx-gcc7, docbook2x, docbook-utils, emacs-apel, glm, gnome-online-miners, gom, grilo-plugins, intel-vaapi-driver, itstool, kiwi-template-sap, libmpeg2, libqt5-qtdoc, libqt5-qtgraphicaleffects, libqt5-qtimageformats, libqt5-qtquickcontrols, libqt5-qtscript, libqt5-qttranslations, libsmbios2, mercurial, meson, mpich, mpitests-mpich, mpitests-mvapich2, mpitests-openmpi2, mpitests, mvapich2-psm2, nasm, ninja, novnc, nvptx-tools, opensc, osinfo-db-tools, QGnomePlatform, raspberrypi-firmware-config, raspberrypi-firmware-dt, raspberrypi-firmware, systemtap-headers, tidy, u-boot-rpi3, vhostmd, wol, xdg-desktop-portal-gtk, xdg-desktop-portal, yast2-boot-server, yast2-scanner, yubikey-manager-qt, yubikey-manager
docbook_5, docbook5-xsl-stylesheets, ffado, ft2demos, gegl, ghostscript-cjk, gmime2_6, hdf, imap, libavc1394, libdbus-c++, libiec61883, libsmbios, libxml++26, lua51-luajit, netcdf, openssl-1_1_0, petsc, SuSEfirewall2, wodim, yubikey-personalization-gui
Updated packages (selection)
* ledmon updated to 0.90 (bsc#1081125)
* libstorage-ng and mksh received a lot of bugfixes
* firewalld updated to 0.5.2
* GnuTLS updated to 3.6.2
* GnuPG updated to 2.2.5
* clamav security update (bsc#1083915)
* Thunderbird updated to 52.6
* nodejs8: npm: upgrade npm to 3.9.5
* postgresql10 updated to 10.3
* rear update to 2.3a (HA)
* vim update to 8.0.1568
Fixed bug in RC2 (selection)
* A subvolume is not created for home if /home is not a separate partition and root partition is using btrfs. This might cause data loss if rollback is used [bsc#1084261].
* Evolution (and webkit2gtk applications) crashes when used on wayland with unaccelerated drivers (mostly VT related) [bsc#1079512]
* Kernel reports error "BUG: Bad page state in process xx" [BSC#1082743]
* No default pattern selected when installing Workstation extension on SLES [bsc#1083611]
SLE Beta Page ›<https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta>
Release Notes ›<https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta/#releasenotes>
Known Issues ›<https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta/#knownissues>
Your SUSE Linux Enterprise Team
Do not hesitate to contact us at beta-programs at lists.suse.com<mailto:beta-programs at lists.suse.com> if you have any questions.
You received this email because you're signed up to get updates from us. Click here to unsubscribe.<mailto:beta-programs at lists.suse.com?subject=Unsubscribe%20from%20SLE%20Beta&body=Unsubscribe%20Unsubscribe%20from%20SLE%20Beta>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 823 bytes
More information about the sle-beta