AutoYaST system clone

Reisenweber, Jörg Joerg.Reisenweber at btc-it-services.com
Fri Mar 19 13:37:09 UTC 2021

Hi there,

I was just trying to get started with AutoYaST for SLE 15 SP3 beta and generated an XML-Template from a running system with "yast clone_system". The resulting file has lots of 't="map=" or t="list"' in it, e.g.

  <firewall t="map">
    <default_zone>public</default_zone>
    <enable_firewall t="boolean">false</enable_firewall>
    <log_denied_packets>off</log_denied_packets>
    <start_firewall t="boolean">false</start_firewall>
    <zones t="list">
      <zone t="map">
        <description>Unsolicited incoming network packets are rejected. Incoming packets that are related to outgoing network c
onnections are accepted. Outgoing network connections are allowed.</description>
        <interfaces t="list"/>
        <masquerade t="boolean">false</masquerade>
        <name>block</name>
        <ports t="list"/>
        <protocols t="list"/>
        <services t="list"/>
        <short>Block</short>
        <target>%%REJECT%%</target>
      </zone>
      <zone t="map">
…

This looks rather new to me. Or is this a bug? Can you shed some light on this?

Thanks
Jörg