AutoYaST system clone

josef Reidinger jreidinger at suse.com
Fri Mar 19 14:04:12 UTC 2021

On Fri, 19 Mar 2021 13:37:09 +0000
"Reisenweber, Jörg" <Joerg.Reisenweber at btc-it-services.com> wrote:

> Hi there,

Hi Jorg,
it is intentional change and its goal is to remove some ambitious for xml elements.
In past there was config:type="list" for lists and for maps there are no type. And for string type situation is same. And this cause issue if you have empty string and empty map, both result in same <a></a> element and we have wrong type there. So in SP3 we use types everywhere beside string. And to make manual writting easier we add shortcut from config:type="list" to t="list". Of course we are backward compatible so if you omit t="map" and have some sub elements it will work. But for exporting we use map everywhere.

If you are interested in more details you can see it in blog posts:
https://yast.opensuse.org/blog/2020-04-20/sprint-97#xml-parser
https://yast.opensuse.org/blog/2020-05-29/sprint-99-100

Regarding autoyast and profile there are even more changes in SP3
like dynamic profiles - https://susedoc.github.io/doc-sle/main/html/SLES-autoyast/part-dynamic-profiles.html
or default validation of xml profiles. And new cli call to validate your profile including dynamic parts https://susedoc.github.io/doc-sle/main/html/SLES-autoyast/cha-autoyast-create-control-file.html#check-profile

I hope you will find it useful.

And of course if you are interested in more details, do not hesitate to ask or provide feedback about any changes we do.

Thanks
Josef