[sles-beta] Vsftpd in the DVDs

jrd jrd at netlab1.oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Feb 19 08:46:55 MST 2013

On 19/02/2013 15:35, Thorsten Kukuk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Feb 19, jrd wrote:
>
>> 	It seems that vsftpd is not getting fair treatment in the SLE distribution
>> suite. The binary RPM is present for SLES, absent for SLED, absent in the
>> source RPMs in the SDK (so far as I can tell).
>
> I don't understand.
>
> Why should be a FTP daemon part of the Desktop?
> And why should the source RPM be on the SDK?
> If the binary RPM is on SLES, the sources are on SLES, too,
> where they should be. And they are there.
>
> So I don't understand your complains.
>
>    Thorsten

-------------
	I downloaded several huge .iso's this morning, SDK and SLED extras.
Then I went looking for vsftpd. I did not see the source RPM, but as I
commented I might have missed it or it is on yet another huge .iso which
I did not download.
	Let me see, what is in my SLES/D 11 SP3 collection at the moment:
SLE-11-SP3-SDK DVD1 and DVD2    3GB,7.7GB
SLED-11-SP3 Media1 and Media2   4.5GB,8.9GB
SLES-11-SP3 DVD1		3.3GB
Plus HA material.  That's about 28GB plus HA.

	SLED is still a Linux box. It talks to other people, and other people
are known to be willing to talk back. Owners of such devices are also
known to use other machines from time to time and wish to put things on
their SLED box. As the kitchen sink is also present then maybe small
vsftpd could sneak in for those who need it.
	Thanks,
	Joe D.