[sles-beta] few things to note after my first install

David Boyes dboyes at sinenomine.net
Thu Feb 21 09:52:09 MST 2013

> > > No update repositories or no updates available? I would guess the
> > > last one, but could be very well that the server error code is the same for
> both.
> >
> > If so, that's a bug. A != B.
>
> Depends on how you define A and B.
> In this case, A = B is correct.

I would disagree.

A = No update repositories configured (there are no repositories)
B = No updates available (the repositories are configured but are empty)

The server error code for A and B should not be the same, as they are not the same issue (and B is not necessarily an error).

==db

PS: Given that you're getting a lot of testing work here (for free, no less), do you think you might consider toning down the sarcasm/attitude a bit? It's not doing you any favors, and is definitely not calculated to build a good path to Win Friends and Influence People.