[sles-beta] Old freeradius-server 2.1.1

Greg.Lehmann at csiro.au Greg.Lehmann at csiro.au
Wed Feb 27 17:36:32 MST 2013

I can understand a conservative approach, but it is not consistent. If you were really this careful about not breaking/changing things between SP releases, there would be no need to apply service packs, and we could just get all the updates as patches, as it used to be for SLES 9. An SP would just be about new drivers so we could install on new hardware.

This is my perception, and perhaps I don't understand it all and am happy to be put straight. SuSE decide that some things need updating and go into an SP. If a customer asks for some things to be updated, I'd hope SuSE listens, rather than quoting a policy they don't follow themselves.

I am not happy with the SP process since SLES 10. The lifecycle of either GA or SP is now far too short. The need to manually intervene and apply SPs is akin to a major release upgrade as far as I am concerned. The management overhead is far too high compared to other distributions. Please fix this in SLES 12.

Cheers,

Greg