[sles-beta] [sled-beta] End of SLE 11 SP3 Beta Test - Thank You!

Stefan Behlert behlert at suse.de
Tue Jul 2 02:26:55 MDT 2013

Hi Alan,

On Jul 01, 13 18:54:17 -0500, Alan House wrote:
> Owe, does this GMC th as t we have installed update as a supported licence
> copy of sled/sales with auto updates, etc.

I'm not sure if I got the question right, but the GMC2 images you got
are binary identical to the final GM version.
This means also, that if you have a license for the product (SLED, SLES or
HA, whatever you tested), you will receive updates for them once you have
registered the installation.
If you got a license for SP2 or older SPs, they are working with SP3, too
(if they are not expired, of course).

Please note that support for anything prior to the GM image (means a Beta-,
RC- or GMC1- image) is not possible. Updates from a privious Beta-image to
the final GM-image are possible, but I recommend to avoid it or at least
have a look at the messages displayed during update, as this is neither
supported nor guranteed to work.

Hope this clarifies your question,
                Stefan