[sles-beta] Kernel Update SP2 > SP3

Decker Maximilian Maximilian.Decker at cancom.de
Fri Jul 5 08:40:33 MDT 2013

Alright but I think rpm -vFh kernel* or similar would still fail when upgrading SLES 11 SP2 including latest Post-SP2-patches to SP3 GA ?
That would not be the case if we had lets say latest SP2 kernel named "kernel-default-3.0.2085-0.9.3" and SP3 GA "kernel-default-3.0.3074-0.9.3".
(SP2 is offset 2000, SP3 is offset 3000)

Anyway, although it is not a big issue at all, I always wondered if that would not just simplify things.
Especially if a SP is not only an accumulation of updates but also changes the platform to some degree ...

Thanks

- Maximilian