[sles-beta] Issues I saw after several installs and some configuration

Stefan Behlert behlert at suse.de
Thu Mar 21 08:17:34 MDT 2013

Hi,

On Feb 28, 13 15:48:21 +0100, Klaus Gmeinwieser wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I did several installs/updates of Beta 1 on about 5 servers.
>
> The installation itself works smooth on every Fujitsu TX server I tried
> (TX150 / TX300 SAS systems) also for installation on ESX4/5 systems as
> guest.
>
> Upgrades from installed SP2 to SP3 Beta1 also works seamlessly.
>
> Very good :)
>
> But I found some minor but annoying issues:
>
> - in KDE Control Center, configuration of the Screen Saver is not possible
> as the Control Center crashes immediately (100% reproducible)
>
> - The "KDE Root Shell" Icon in the KDE Menu does not work as I always get a
> regular user shell instead of a "root shell"

Be so kind to open SRs for those two - I tested it on SLED, and could not
reproduce it with Beta3.
So it could be something special to SLES or your hardware (in the
screensaver case).

        thanks,
          Stefan

--
Stefan Behlert, SUSE LINUX
Project Manager Enterprise Desktop

Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409 Nuernberg, Germany
Phone +49-911-74053-173
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Nuernberg; GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendoerffer, HRB 16746 (AG Nuernberg)