[sles-beta] Issues I saw after several installs and some configuration

Greg.Lehmann at csiro.au Greg.Lehmann at csiro.au
Fri Mar 1 18:50:33 MST 2013

It did not help with my HP microserver N40L either. While it can boot from the USB drive to start the install as soon as it gets itself going it can no longer find the USB/CD drive. Console 3 summary:

reading driver update: disk:/?blah
rescaninng devices
url mount: trying disk:/?blah...-part1
Partition: 32.GB.iso9660, SLES...
No new driver updates found.
repository: looking for cd:/
rescanning devices
repository: not found
No SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 repository found
automatic setup not possible

If I back up and pick installation from hard disk and pick the USB drive the install continues. It also gets the boot loader install wrong. It picks separate boot partition rather than MBR. Manually fixing that allows the install to complete.