[sles-beta] [ANNOUNCE] SLES 12 SP2 Beta 5 is available!

Vincent Moutoussamy vmoutoussamy at suse.com
Fri Jul 22 03:59:59 MDT 2016

Dear Beta participants,

we are happy to announce Beta 5 of

	SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP2.

=== Download ===

The ISO images are available at:
https://www.suse.com/support/beta-program/secure/beta-sle.html#download <https://www.suse.com/support/beta-program/secure/beta-sle.html#download>

Note that the download directory contains the images for the SDK as well as for
SLES.

Please verify the sha256sum of the ISO using the SHA256SUMS file, which can
be found in the download page.

=== Known issues ===

SLE:
	* Registration is not working with your regular SLE key, special Registration
	Code is required. Thus, you don't have access to the SLE online channels and
	Modules without a Beta Registration Code. Please contact us at
	beta-programs at lists.suse.com to request a Beta Registration Code.

SLES:
	* [bsc#988921] - Nautilus: support for browsing / accessing Samba share is not
	available in GNOME File manager.
	Workaround: install gvfs-backend-samba package.
	* [bsc#981311] - [AArch64] installation fails in btrfs rename
	* [bsc#989313] - dracut can not handle DASDs on SSID > 0 properly

=== ChangeLog ==

- Find attached the Changelog differences between SLES 12 SP2 Beta 4 and SLES 12
SP2 Beta 5 images. (Filename: SLE-12-SP2-Server-ChangeLog-Beta4-Beta5.txt)

- The complete changelog between SLES 12 SP1 and SLES 12 SP2 can be found on
DVD1 of SLES 12 SP2 Beta iso (Filename: ChangeLog).

=== Milestones details ===

After careful consideration of the existing bugs, the criteria and the time
left until FCS we came to the conclusion that we cannot justify an "RC" tag.

Therefore we have named this release "Beta 5", and will in consequence rename
the following release, too. So according to the initial schedule, RC2 will be
RC1, and RC3 will be RC2.

Here is the updated scheduled releases:
  o Beta 1—13-05-2016
  o Beta 2—02-06-2016
  o Beta 3—16-06-2016
  o Beta 4—07-07-2016
  o Beta 5—21-07-2016
  o RC1—11-08-2016
  o RC2—01-09-2016
  o GMC—22-09-2016

The next release will be the first Release Candidate version, and it we are
targeting these actions and milestones:
  o Milestone: All certification tests completed.
  o Milestone: Update and performance tests completed.
  o Milestone: All documentation available (english only).
  o Milestone: All security updates integrated.
  o Milestone: Only critical or blocker bugfixes allowed.
  o Official partner acceptance starts.
  o Fix critical and blocker bugs.

=== Questions? ===

Please refer to https://www.suse.com/support/beta-program/secure/beta-sle.html <https://www.suse.com/support/beta-program/secure/beta-sle.html>
for any general information about the SUSE Linux Enterprise Beta Program.

Do not hesitate to contact us at beta-programs at lists.suse.com if you have any
questions.

Thanks in advance and have fun beta testing!

	Your SUSE Linux Enterprise Team

--
Vincent Moutoussamy
SUSE Beta Program and SDK Project Manager