[sles-beta] SLES12 SP-2 Beta2 - SCC Subscripitions

Waite, Dick (External) Dick.Waite at softwareag.com
Sun Jun 5 23:26:44 MDT 2016

Grand New Monday,

I updated two x86_64 that were at SLES12 SP-2 Beta1 and two x86_64 that were at SLES12 SP1 GA plus patches. No issues that I can see as long as I have amended /etc/lvm/lvm.conf to have use_lvmetad = 0, it defaults to 1

From the attached files you see after the update I'm being nag'ed that I am not allowed to access the update files. Yes I know I have nagged you all about this, but as the system is giving me a nag, why not pass it on.

Maybe understanding why SUSE has not given us all a subscription activation code for Beta2, as they did for Beta1 would stop me rabbiting on...What is the issue ?

I don't see the point in starting a QA/QE run against SAG's applications with known updates not applied. So yes the update to Beta2 works, but without having a fully updated environment I'll hold on my application tests.

I'll have a look at s390x this week. Have you all a grand week too.

__R

Software AG – Sitz/Registered office: Uhlandstraße 12, 64297 Darmstadt, Germany – Registergericht/Commercial register: Darmstadt HRB 1562 - Vorstand/Management Board: Karl-Heinz Streibich (Vorsitzender/Chairman), Eric Duffaut, Dr. Wolfram Jost, Arnd Zinnhardt; - Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr. Andreas Bereczky - http://www.softwareag.com