[sles-beta] SLES12 SP-2 Beta2 - SCC Subscripitions

Vincent Moutoussamy vmoutoussamy at suse.com
Mon Jun 6 09:47:04 MDT 2016

Hi,
> On 06 Jun 2016, at 07:26, Waite, Dick (External) <Dick.Waite at softwareag.com> wrote:
>
> Grand New Monday,
>
> I updated two x86_64 that were at SLES12 SP-2 Beta1 and two x86_64 that were at SLES12 SP1 GA plus patches. No issues that I can see as long as I have amended /etc/lvm/lvm.conf to have use_lvmetad = 0, it defaults to 1
Good to know thanks.

In http://lists.suse.com/mailman/private/sles-beta/2016-May/002023.html, I have
mentioned that this was documented here http://beta.suse.com/private/SLE12/SP2-BETA/#2 :

>  Until then, please "Skip registration" when asked to register your system during the installation process... Thus online migration is not possible yet.

We encourage our Beta testers to report any issue or dissatisfaction on our Beta
Products and Beta Program. But repetitive demand to multiple recipients with the
same story (but with updated screenshots) even when multiple communications
(to the beta lists and to you directly) has been done is definitely not in my
collaboration book.

I said before:
>> On 19 May 2016, at 11:10, Vincent Moutoussamy <vmoutoussamy at suse.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> We (and specially me) know that the Registration Codes is really important for
>> the Beta Test.
>> We are working on a lot of exciting and challenging things for this beta, so be
>> patient and rest assured that the Reg Codes will be provided.
>>
>> Regards,
>> --
>> Vincent Moutoussamy
>> SUSE Beta Program and SDK Project Manager

At SUSE we value quality and professionalism. And we prefer to deliver a little
bit after the schedule with extra care and caution than delivering as soon as
possible. That’s true for our Beta SLE Products as well as our work in general.