[sles-beta] [ANNOUNCE] SLES 12 SP2 Beta 3 is available

Vincent Moutoussamy vmoutoussamy at suse.com
Fri Jun 17 05:01:56 MDT 2016

Hi,
> On 17 Jun 2016, at 12:39, Simon Flood <S.M.Flood at uis.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> When I now log in to novell.com/beta I no longer see the SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 SP2 beta listed under Authorized Beta Products. Instead I now see four SLE12 SP2 beta links, two for SLES12 SP2 (although the second SLES12 SP2 link doesn't offer any downloads), listed under Public Beta Products:
>
> Public Beta Products:
>    Beta SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP2
>    Public Beta SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop
>    Public Beta SLES 12 SP2 SLES 12 SP2
>    Identity Manager Designer - Public BETA
>    Public Beta SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability 12 SP2
>
> Is this correct? Should we be grabbing Beta 3 (and future betas) via the Public Beta links?
>
> I did check the Beta Program page but that still refers to Beta 2.
>
> I believe download.[novell|suse].com has had issues earlier today so possibly that has caused this?
Short version:
You can download SLES 12 SP2 Beta3 directly from:
https://download.suse.com/Download?buildid=sl4IW_HRfKs%7E

Long version:
Sorry for the confusion, novell.com/beta is deprecated since the SLE 12 SP2 Beta
Program launch and we had http://beta.suse.com/private/SLE12/SP2-BETA/ as a
replacement.

However starting with Beta3, we will make SLE 12 SP2 Beta Program available to
the Public and will close http://beta.suse.com/private/SLE12/SP2-BETA/ and
replace it by the following official webpage:
SUSE Beta Program landing page:
https://www.suse.com/support/beta-program

SUSE Linux Enterprise Beta Program landing page:
https://www.suse.com/support/beta-program/secure/beta-sle.html

Sorry again about the mixed communication and the confusion, focusing on baking
and delivering SLE 12 SP2 Beta 3 + preparing the Public Beta Program at the same
time did not help : ).

I will clean up novell.com/beta and officially clarify everything soon.

Have a nice Friday,

Vincent Moutoussamy
SUSE Beta Program and SDK Project Manager