[sles-beta] sshd start

Matthias G. Eckermann mge at suse.com
Wed Feb 26 01:40:36 MST 2014

Hello,

On 2014-02-26 T 08:50 +0100 Günther J. Niederwimmer wrote:

> is this a new security adjustment (?), on installation
> the sshd is no longer starting or is this a Bug. ;)
>
> Not nice to configure a system over the net :(.

If you installed your system over the net, then sshd
should start automatically, if it does not, it's a bug.

However, if you installed the system locally, then you
have to switch on sshd in the system configuration before
the installation.

As a sidenote: we currently have an internal discussion,
if we should _always_ start sshd, but the security
implications of doing so need to be considered very
carefully, and might finally block this idea.

So long -
	MgE

--
Matthias G. Eckermann     Senior Product Manager   SUSE® Linux Enterprise
Phone: +49 30 44315731    Mobile: +49 179 2949448    E-Mail: mge at suse.com